SOUR CROP - HELP NEEDED IMMEDIATELY!!!

One of my 18 week old pullets has a large crop that feels like a water balloon - very soft and squishy. I also saw her spitting up about 1 or 2 teaspoons of clear water/mucus. I’ve seen her spit up little droplets before, but didn’t think much of it.

Is this sour crop?

I’ve separated her for the night in my garage in a playpen so I can closely monitor her, and I’m going to get up early to check on her tomorrow morning.

If it IS sour crop, how should I treat her?
This morning, her crop was empty. I thought it should be full if it was sour crop? She’s extra cuddly too, I guess from being away from her sisters.
She seems symptom free at this point. I snuck her back into the coop this morning before the sun came up. I’ll be monitoring her activity and behavior throughout the day. If you have any tips, I’d love to hear them. Or if you think I should separate her longer, please tell me.
So I’ve determined this- I don’t believe this is sour crop after all. I noticed today that her crop had stayed mostly empty except for water. I believe she’s not really eating anything other than grass, and drinking a lot of water, which explains the soft crop. She’s standing around very still, laying down, and not moving much. I’ve noticed some weight loss as well. Any ideas now?
Feeding her some scrambled eggs right now so she’s eating something at least. I also just noticed a roundish lump right in front of/below her vent. I’ve not notice it before, it seems new. Is this an issue?
Please post some photos of your pullet, her poop and the lump you found at the vent.

When are you checking her crop?
Where are you located in the world?

How long have you had her?

Back
Top Bottom