Sour Crop: I need help!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ChucktheChick, Mar 7, 2016.

1. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    Hi, my three year old buff orpington, Honkers, has come down with sour crop. I've been feeding her eggs, yogurt, and crumbles, but she just won't get better. This has been going on for a long week and a half now. At the beginning she was doing the "neck squiggle," but now she's not because I'm "dumping" her out when she needs it. Her poops were green at first, then green and runny, and now hardly there. I just gave her a warm bath, and let her soak in epsom salt today. I didn't know if that would help. She was really active this weekend, drinking a lot of water on her own and I thought for sure she was on the mend. Unfortunately she had to be dumped again this morning and is back to sleeping a lot. She has a heat lamp and fresh water now for tonight. I am going to try to give her some Apple Cider Vinegar tomorrow if I hopefully get into town. Do I feed her that PLAIN or do I MIX it with water, and if so, how much? And if that does not work, what else can I give to her? Any medication I need to buy from the vet? I'm willing to try anything. She's getting skinnier and skinnier because no food is getting where it needs to go. Thank you so much in advance, I appreciate your help.

2. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    Anyone?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by