Sour Crop not improving

Did you have any luck? I’ve got a similar issue. Don’t think anything going through. Seems the miconazole cream made my girl worse after one day and started her on acidified copper sulfate but she won’t drink anything now. I’m afraid to do coconut oil. I may stop and get raw garlic tonight to add to her crop.

I have a girl with crop issues every molting season. This year I decided to try something a little different... I give her coconut oil and massage her crop for a good 15 minutes. Sometimes I would massage her crop again in the afternoon. I then offer her water/apple cider vinegar from a syringe. She loves to drink it from the syringe. lol
I also stopped letting them free range, so she's only getting feed and meal worms. I did this for 4 days and it seems to be clearing up. *fingers crossed I dont jinx myself!*

She'll get used to the crop bra. Good luck to you! Crop issues can take weeks to clear up and are such a pain!

I have a girl with crop issues every molting season. This year I decided to try something a little different... I give her coconut oil and massage her crop for a good 15 minutes. Sometimes I would massage her crop again in the afternoon. I then offer her water/apple cider vinegar from a syringe. She loves to drink it from the syringe. lol
I also stopped letting them free range, so she's only getting feed and meal worms. I did this for 4 days and it seems to be clearing up. *fingers crossed I dont jinx myself!*

She'll get used to the crop bra. Good luck to you! Crop issues can take weeks to clear up and are such a pain!
Were you dealing with a sour crop or a crop impaction?

I’m not sure but started acting off with onset of her moult about three weeks ago. I only found the issue a week ago.
Is she eating at all? I know you said she's not drinking, since she's not you may want to consider syringing water into her. (Through the mouth)

Is she eating at all? I know you said she's not drinking, since she's not you may want to consider syringing water into her. (Through the mouth)
Nothing at all. Not even bugs in the yard. She took a turn for the worse when I gave her miconazole so last dose was this morning and I discontinued that. She hasn’t eaten bugs for a few days but it’s been a few weeks since eating feed. She was overweight this summer with a big fat pad but it’s all gone and now losing some breast muscle. She’s a buff orp and six years old. I haven’t had good experience with that breed living much longer than that so maybe she’s just end of her life. She’s still maybe 4-5 lbs. oh wait she ate cat food about four days ago but only the one day and wouldn’t do it again. I had been popping some in but I’m not anymore since the yeast is still there.

Back
Top Bottom