sour crop or impacted crop, its hard and poor thing is miserable. HELP PLZ

Rkhan

In the Brooder
Sep 4, 2019
Hi all
My red sex link who is 7 months old, otherwise healthy and laying (even laid an egg today) has an enlarged crop since 3-4 days ago. It was soft and squishy in the beginning but it turned more firm since yesterday (Tuesday). I pulled her out of her flock and put her in quarantine with just garlic water which she is not drinking much. No food since 3 pm yesterday. I just check her in the morning and her crop is not empty, maybe it decreased in size 10% (but I don't even know if it is just a placebo). There are no poop droppings by the roost where she slept, which leads me to believe that she didn't poop all night. There is some poop in the run where she is all by herself.
its 91 degrees and I'm scared for her PLEASE PLEASE someone tell me what to do with her. I did massage her crop from top to bottom to get things moving in the right direction. I am afraid to regurgitate her for fear of aspiration.
HELP! PLEASE! She's our pet and not livestock!

Hi all
My red sex link who is 7 months old, otherwise healthy and laying (even laid an egg today) has an enlarged crop since 3-4 days ago. It was soft and squishy in the beginning but it turned more firm since yesterday (Tuesday). I pulled her out of her flock and put her in quarantine with just garlic water which she is not drinking much. No food since 3 pm yesterday. I just check her in the morning and her crop is not empty, maybe it decreased in size 10% (but I don't even know if it is just a placebo). There are no poop droppings by the roost where she slept, which leads me to believe that she didn't poop all night. There is some poop in the run where she is all by herself.
its 91 degrees and I'm scared for her PLEASE PLEASE someone tell me what to do with her. I did massage her crop from top to bottom to get things moving in the right direction. I am afraid to regurgitate her for fear of aspiration.
My chicken has sour crop... I helped her by only feeding her water for 24 hrs. Then I only feed her 3 meals a day for 2 day, the meals have to be small, you should give her scrambled eggs and her normal food (some grit too). I hope this helps until someone else replys! Im so sorry your going through this.

Hi all
Also force feed ehr water if she doesnt drink, look up how.

Hi all
DO NOT REGURITATE HER. aspiration can be very dangerous and could kill her.

image.jpeg

i have this health book for chickens and this is what it says

This is what her poop looks like a minute after I gave her nutridrench

Attachments

• 3531C490-6B42-4DA4-A7AA-C89ADB145593.jpeg
    3531C490-6B42-4DA4-A7AA-C89ADB145593.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom