Sour crop or??

Melissa545

In the Brooder
Mar 15, 2021
Hi! My 10 month old Silkie chickie seemed to have an impacted crop (it was hard) so I gave her apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and massages. It’s not hard anymore, now gushy, and much smaller, but there’s no smell. She drinks water fine, and I gave her a little food since it doesn’t seem impacted. Could it be sour crop? Even without the smell? Is it still impacted although not hard? She’s not very active and lethargic. It’s been a few days now. I keep her separate from the others.. please help thank you!!

Hi! My 10 month old Silkie chickie seemed to have an impacted crop (it was hard) so I gave her apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and massages. It’s not hard anymore, now gushy, and much smaller, but there’s no smell. She drinks water fine, and I gave her a little food since it doesn’t seem impacted. Could it be sour crop? Even without the smell? Is it still impacted although not hard? She’s not very active and lethargic. It’s been a few days now. I keep her separate from the others.. please help thank you!!
UPDATE: We fixed the issue so I wanted to share how we did it. Apparently Sour Crop does not always have a smell! First thing I did was give her a little olive oil in a syringe (maybe a tsp?) and massaged her crop, then I put apple cider vinegar mixed 50/50 with water in the syringe. The crop got smaller and smaller after time, but she still wasn’t eating so I put her food in a blender to grind it down, then put in a bowl with plain yogurt and little water. Mix it up and add to syringe. This went on for about a week, giving her all the above mentioned a couple times a day and massaging her daily. It was up and down, but finally she was back to normal. Syringe was small, 10ml.

Hey I need help! I have kind of a weird one. My chicken is eating tons and drinking tons but in the morning there's a doughy ball in her crop. If I don't feed her right away it starts to kind of go on its own, but I gave her spice mix and it seemed to loosen up right away. But I feel like she's still going to have it again tomorrow morning. She's either got loose ish normal stools or yellow foamy cecal poop depending on the feed I give her but it doesn't seem to make a difference on the little ball in her crop.

Back
Top Bottom