Sour Crop? poop pic included

sealer39

🍹🏴‍☠️🤨
10 Years
Aug 3, 2013
Pineville, Louisiana
I have a 5wk old EE that I think has sour crop. I was out of town from Mon-Wed and when I got back very late last night I just counted heads and went to bed. This morning I found her lethargic. She’s with 9 other chicks who are all acting normally. I had to leave for work early this morning so I couldn’t inspect her thoroughly. I bought Corid and when I got home I started her on that. Then I did an inspection. I found that she has a full and mushy crop so I’ve deduced that she has sour crop. I massaged her crop, top to down, and she did poop.
Questions:
Is there anything I can give her tonight that may help?
How long typically does it take for sour crop to kill a chick? I can buy what I need tomorrow but can’t leave the house tonight to get anything for her.
As you can see, she is an adorable little EE and she is my daughter’s favorite, so I would like to save her if possible.
E46BD528-A6C8-4A6D-8B77-9AA8CEE0E9F9.jpeg
A3028983-B32A-4313-86E9-7D7CDDACE4E6.jpeg

5wk old EE that I think has sour crop. I was out of town from Mon-Wed and when I got back very late last night I just counted heads and went to bed. This morning I found her lethargic.

I bought Corid and when I got home I started her on that. Then I did an inspection. I found that she has a full and mushy crop so I’ve deduced that she has sour crop. I massaged her crop, top to down, and she did poop.

Is there anything I can give her tonight that may help?
How long typically does it take for sour crop to kill a chick?
I would continue with the Corid.
Check the crop again first thing in the morning before she eats/drinks to see if it's emptied.
You can give her a little coconut oil and massage to see if that helps.
If the crop is sour (does her breath smell?) vaginal yeast cream can be given to help clear that up.
Do you provide grit for your chicks?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Thanks for the replies but she died over night.

All the chicks have grit available for them.

The only symptoms was a full and very soft crop. I could not smell anything sour so I’m not sure what killed her.

I guess I will continue with the Corid for the rest of the flock since I already have it.

Back
Top Bottom