Source for colored coturnix hatching eggs?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by syble, Nov 19, 2012.

1. syble

syble Songster

Jan 10, 2011
    michigan
    Can anyone suggest a reliable source for coloured coturnix hatching eggs (to ship). I want to get a few more colors. I have golden italian, browns, tibetans, rosettas and a whole host of tuxedos and pieds, looking for different colors. Scarlet, fawn, red etc...

Suggestions?

2. try the texas a &m , they are white and large quails,

3. Pancholoco

Pancholoco Songster

Nov 12, 2012
    Sin, MX. now CA.
  4. syble

syble Songster

Jan 10, 2011
    michigan
    As lovely as those are, I'm trying to stick with cots, I have found them to be indestructible! I just want a source for hatching eggs lol. Scarlet and fawn are high on my list.a&M white i would consider if the source sold them too.

5. heritagehabitatfarms

heritagehabitatfarms Songster

Oct 11, 2009
    clinton ar
    i have 3 colors of red coturnix... i have Fawn (Roux dilute), red, and Scarlet... they are not laying right now it will be spring or until i bring them in and add lights before i get eggs again... they are hard to come by i have ordered from 6 ppl and spent about 200$ to get the ones i have... i sold on ebay all summer and have 100% feedback... just search my farm name there... PM me if your interested in staying in touch for them...

6. syble

syble Songster

Jan 10, 2011
    michigan
    PM sent, I'm hoping to get them sooner rather then later though lol

7. syble

syble Songster

Jan 10, 2011
    michigan
    so no other thoughts or suggestions?

8. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I have the scarletts and rouxs available right now.

9. drowe005

drowe005 Songster

Mar 20, 2012
    Corapeake NC
    Any day now my A&M's will start laying if your still interested. I have 4 bloodlines.

10. James Marie

James Marie In the Brooder

Jun 26, 2012
    Louisiana
    I have Roux and Red Range-Tuxedo and our American Pharaoh - very dark red plumage on males and hens have a hawk type pattern on chest instead of dots....also know a source for excellent Scarlet Coturnix and several other people in my network of breeders who can help you with the colors your looking for...pm me for info. on breeders I work with....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by