South Carolina

Woo! This changeover of the website has really messed me up with following threads or participating much over here at BYC. I love seeing the recent banter though :)

I just set my first batch of the year tonight, so should have some chicks for Valentine's Day. If anyone is near Holly Hill, I should have some naked necks, and possibly naked neck easter eggers! I'm so excited!

As for the litter discussion, I'm still doing the deep litter method. My coops are on a dirt floor and sand just isn't my thing.

And for funsies - photos!

View attachment 1245682 View attachment 1245683 View attachment 1245684 View attachment 1245685
Nice coop lpyrbby :thumbsup
Any home brewers in your household? :D

I've been curious about adding material to my run, but, it's basically 20x30. I suppose I could just set bales out and let the birds work them loose themselves. Hmm...

Does it ever seem to get slick after a rain, or does it seem to pack down a bit?
My run is similar in size, plant material can get slick, but not for long, I broadcast throw scratch, daily, and the girls turn it, getting it to dry. The key is drainage, my yard is mostly sand, so water drains relatively quick. I get the compacted bales at TSC, spreading half on the 1st, and the rest on the 15th.

Back
Top Bottom