South Carolina

I was running in and out this afternoon. Cut up some boards, rain, screw some boards together, rain, fill a bed, more rain! Been doing this for days and only have 4 beds built and two more to go.
. What kind of sicko puts animals in a box then abandons them? I got my dog (in my avatar) that way, but at least they left her litter in front of a pet boutique, at night, by my house and not a back road. Sad to say I've seen box dumps go horribly wrong in front of Petsmart and a no-kill shelter. Good of your neighbor to take the time to bring the chicks to you and of you to take them in.

I figured they may have been Easter chicks....but anyway, one is beautiful and healthy(ish) and one has spraddle leg. I will love and care for them as long as they aren't Roos....then I will find them a happy home...or a happy dinner for someone.
I was having a horrible day and I think God has a way of putting things back in perspective:rolleyes:

My hens have been all messed up too. 17 hens, one still raising a chick, so usually I get 12-15 a day. I've been getting 7-8 a day since the monsoon season started. I got 10 yesterday though, so I'm hoping they are back on track today.

I got 6 yesterday. Still a bit slow! But getting better. LOL

Monsoon Season....lol = I concur

I was out until 10:00 pm getting my tomato plants in the ground. I remember thinking ooooh I should water them...then I thought...nah it's gonna rain cats and dogs again tomorrow...ugh no rain today wilted little plants......I have failed as a Gardner..........but wait.....NOW it's sprinkling ... I give up
th.gif

Should have planted everything about a month ago. 7 Cherry Tomato plants about 2" tall. 5 cucumber plants having 3rd leaves starting. 6 bell peppers, sweet banana peppers, jalapeno's and paprika plants all have flowers. Over 200 bush beans flowering and strawberry patch going crazy. Should start having strawberries in the next few days.
smile.png

We have so many on here that took the class and became NPIP certified that I am sure they can give you the info. I know Ellington does the testing but Nikki, Kimberly and some of the others are able to do testing, as well. Depends on if you want your farm done or just a few birds. I only have the ones I show tested every few months. I do not feel the need to have my entire farm tested. But I do not condemn anyone that has it all done. To each his own.
Remember, NPIP does not mean a bird is healthy! It only means it is negative at that moment for Pullorum and Typhoid. NC also requires the AI (Avain Influenza) test but we do not here in SC.
I feel MS/MG is more of a threat and that is what should be required.

Should have planted everything about a month ago. 7 Cherry Tomato plants about 2" tall. 5 cucumber plants having 3rd leaves starting. 6 bell peppers, sweet banana peppers, jalapeno's and paprika plants all have flowers. Over 200 bush beans flowering and strawberry patch going crazy. Should start having strawberries in the next few days.
smile.png
you are soo right.....I have failed (saying this as I have plans to go buy a six pack of tomato plants this weekend) :)

) – I don’t have that information myself.

Go to the Spring 2013 class (registration link to be open soon): http://www.clemson.edu/public/lph/ahp/npip/workshop.html

Thanks, Julie

Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again .....

Julie D. Helm, DVM, DACPV
SC NPIP Coordinator, Animal Health Programs
Clemson University Livestock-Poultry Health Division
PO Box 102406, Columbia, South Carolina 29224-2406
cell first: 803-260-6442; main line 803-788-2260; fax 803-736-0885
[email protected]
www.clemson.edu/LPH/AHP/

__
^ ( *)>
/^ ^|| ^ ^\
|^ ^ / \ ^ ^|
\^ /|__|\ ^/ >(*)
_| |_ ~(_)~

SC NPIP & Poultry Information: www.clemson.edu/LPH/AHP/NPIP/

Quote:
Originally Posted by NestingHillsSC

Anybody know who to contact in the upstate for NPIP testing??
but for testing, Kris and I can, and nikki (carolinachickenkeeper) can

Back
Top Bottom