South Carolina

Thanks for the warm welcome. I was actually gonna go to Lancaster but never made it out of fort mill before I found a new house. Well... Not new but new to me lol
Hey there itsbadlands! I'm not too awful far from you. I'm in Lancaster...but Richmond,VA is my hometown. Welcome to SC and BYC!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I was actually gonna go to Lancaster but never made it out of fort mill before I found a new house. Well... Not new but new to me lol
Welcome!! I'm a transplant from CT!!
welcome-byc.gif

I have an odd question for y'all. Could a flock 'vaporize' a 5 week old chick? The broody was getting a 'tude with the chick, so I figured she was done, or near done, with taking care of him. At lunch I made a small isolation enclosure with a plastic tote that only the chick could get in and out of with its own food and waterer. I released the broody and she didn't even hesitate to join the rest of the flock. He was chillin' in the the isolation box when I left for work. I saw him under the coop scratching around after work - looked to be doing okay. Last night I go to check to see if he made it back in the coop and he's gone. In the dark I end up crawling around under the coop, sifting through the coop litter, and searching around the outside of the coop. I see no way for him to have squeezed out. I searched again this morning. If the flock had eliminated him, I figure I'd find something. It's like he just disappeared!
Not sure what breed of chickens you have but if the chick was small enough yes they could have made it disappear as unfortunate as it sounds....

Holy moly my flock is more than doubling tomorrow!! I currently have 3 hens. Tomorrow I am getting 2 pullets and 5 or 6 sweet little baby ducks!! Super excited! I will post pics ASAP!

I used to live in south Charlotte, but had a lot of friends who lived in Ft. Mill - everyone loved it!

Not sure what breed of chickens you have but if the chick was small enough yes they could have made it disappear as unfortunate as it sounds....
Holy moly my flock is more than doubling tomorrow!! I currently have 3 hens. Tomorrow I am getting 2 pullets and 5 or 6 sweet little baby ducks!! Super excited! I will post pics ASAP!

Congrats! No one escapes the chicken (& duck) math! LOL

I am SO excited to share my very first egg!! My Golden Comet "bobby" only 5 mths old...I love it! Poor girl she was so tired afterward. I never even got the laying feed!! Omgosh I should probably run out and get some! And that calcium stuff.... I was not expecting this so soon!
http://cdn.backyardchickens.com/c/c6/c6ba7f18_image.jpeg
I don't know how to post this pic, but it's in my album.
big_smile.png
Woo Hoo What a perfect egg! Good job Bobby! She must get treats tonight!

Back
Top Bottom