South Carolina

Rachel, as usual, beautiful photos!
Love your gorgeous turkeys!
love.gif

I know Samantha said their were Eagles down your way. She figured with the lake that they had a good area to live.

Hi! We are moving to the Ft Mill/Indian Lands area and we are looking for properties. We found something of interest but I can't make sense of the zoning. I want chickens. Why have acreage if we can't do anything with it!?! Especially raise chickens! So far, it seems that the specific zoning is "R15" and it didn't look like I could have chickens in that zone. The property has 4+ acres though, so it seems strange to be unable to do anything on it except have a house. Does anyone know if I can have chickens? Or where I can find the ordinance? The main address we are looking at is on "Baynes Wood Lane, Indian Lands, SC". If the zoning prohibits it, does anyone know if there are any petitions to change it - or can a zoning change be applied for? I REALLY want to be able to raise chickens and I really don't want to buy a house in an area that prohibits it (the fact that they are prohibited anywhere amazes me!). Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
Surely your realtor could find this out for you. At any rate, good luck!

Hi, everybody. Hope your hens are doing well after all this cold. We almost had a hentastrophe when one of our hens got too cold to move. She was under our deck and we had to go get her to put her to bed. Warm food and water was what she needed, but I am watching her for signs of stress illness.
Anyone know of someone selling Blue Laced Red Wyandotte or Silver Laced Wyandotte eggs here in SC or lower NC? I live in Florence. I am looking for quality stock.

Thanks
Tricia

Hi, everybody. Hope your hens are doing well after all this cold. We almost had a hentastrophe when one of our hens got too cold to move. She was under our deck and we had to go get her to put her to bed. Warm food and water was what she needed, but I am watching her for signs of stress illness.
Anyone know of someone selling Blue Laced Red Wyandotte or Silver Laced Wyandotte eggs here in SC or lower NC? I live in Florence. I am looking for quality stock.

Thanks
Tricia

I don't have any Wyandotte's, but I am in Florence too! Just wanted to say "Hi Neighbor!"
highfive.gif

I will just have chicks. I got them from a NPIP private flock out of state to bring in some new genetics.

Jumping in to say, "hello"! Im in Tigerville (midpoint between Greenville and Asheville)....heck basically near nothing but 30 minutes from everything :D Among the horses & dogs & MiniNubian & Mini Silky goats, I have Wheaten & Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas, Lavender Ameraucanas, Blue Marans and some wonderful Silkies who help hatch the chicks we occasionally have. I feed everyone organically & free range. I am indebted to the wonderful people on BYC who helped me successfully learn about taking care of chickens and shared their beautiful eggs & chicks! Hello!!!

Jumping in to say, "hello"! Im in Tigerville (midpoint between Greenville and Asheville)....heck basically near nothing but 30 minutes from everything
big_smile.png
Among the horses & dogs & MiniNubian & Mini Silky goats, I have Wheaten & Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas, Lavender Ameraucanas, Blue Marans and some wonderful Silkies who help hatch the chicks we occasionally have. I feed everyone organically & free range. I am indebted to the wonderful people on BYC who helped me successfully learn about taking care of chickens and shared their beautiful eggs & chicks! Hello!!!
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom