South Carolina

Hey, that is neat that you made your own bator! I had thought to try that and then realized I am too lazy to build that. I would rather build more pens. I like it better when the hens do the work. Heck, I like it better when DH does the work, too!
gig.gif

Hello from Johns Island! Seems that I don't have many chicken keeping neighbors on this side of the state.

3 RIR and 2 Barred Rockes in my tractor.

New Prospect, SC here! (close to landrum and campobello (or if your native to this area...campobeller)
lol.png
Trying to start raising sebrights! let me know if you guys have a contact close to me for them!

We go to the Williams in Campobello for chicken feed on 357 and we get hay at The Hay Rack on 14 in Landrum.
frow.gif

I can't think of anyone doing Sebrights but Luanne ought to know. She hasn't posted on here yet. She has Seramas.

Here is Lowrys, just outside of chester and about a quarter mile from the York County line. Get the bator going I just hatched out 12 more leghorn and 6 more Delaware chicks 2 days ago so this warm weather is going to get them into the brooder box in my shop a little quicker. Ain't this Carolina sunshine great?

Well, I love this weather but about a week ago I was HATING it! I can take 60 with a bit of wind better than 30 with wind. Of course, I much prefer 70 and no wind.
We built a few things yesterday so it was a nice, productive day. I got another mobile chick pen done and DH started another large tractor. We may do a bit of painting today but not real sure since it is Sunday.
This weather is supposed to be nice al week. About time!
clap.gif

Hello everyone! I am in Sumter. I raise and show Cochins. I have some other breeds as well. I have the bator cranked up and about 30 eggs will be going in today. I am anxious to start hatching! Spring is in the air!
love.gif

What color Cochins do you have?
I have some great white bantams that I just adore. They are my "kids" and they got me started into all other chickens but I still keep my small flock of banty whites. They came out of FL show stock but I can't remember the name.
And I have a few standards that came from hatchery stock. I like the standards for helping with the broody work.

This is one of my chicks hatched out last year. She is so adorable.

9332_peeps_20_wks.jpg

And this is one of my hatchery birds. Just doesn't take my breath away like the bantams.

9332_lacy_20_wks.jpg

Chikkin,

I am in Florence. I have a mixture of brown egg layers and a few bantams. Where do you get your birds from? Any place local? What other breeds do you have beside the Chocins?

Back
Top Bottom