South Carolina

I have a lot of people driving up from Anderson buying chicks from me.
If anyone is close to Anderson with a feed store (I know about you, Country Preacher) or has chicks they want to sell, I do not mind sending people your way. I just need to know where to send them. I get a lot of calls so sometimes email addresses are not beneficial.
I had two gentlemen today from there and I asked if they were near Honea Path but they said no. I took them by my feed store so they could purchase supplies and feed for the new chicks they purchased from me. I do this a lot and it isn't like my feed store isn't grateful but I would prefer to get people going to a local store for their convenience and it will be a big help to the community.
I was able to give them the phone number for my local Quail person since I wasn't sure who else had Quail or Pheasants on here.

Texas Boy, you are not far from me up Hwy 11. Congrats on that hatch and fingers are crossed on the 30 due.

Nadine, I am hatching olive eggers from my Araucana rooster (the rooster I bought from you ) and Cuckoo Maran hens. The pullets from this cross that were hatched last year are great layers of large sized, olive colored eggs. They are all rumpless and a gorgeous black with feathers that shine a flourescent green in the sun ! I am so pleased with last year's project !

Yes, I know Williams feed. I buy from them every week.

I have your name and email down for anyone wanting chicks or chicken in Greenwood, Enola. You must be taking care of that sector because I haven't heard from anyone in that area yet.
I do have people coming from Columbia tomorrow. It isn't as if I don't have the chicks but I know some of you do, too and I would like people to be near to where they purchase a starting flock.

Nadine, maybe you can answer the question for me. I have a EE hen and French Black Copper Maran roo, if I cross these will I get an olive egger, or does the roo have to be a EE and the hen a Maran? My Marans just started laying and I am getting nice very dark brown eggs, although a little small. I purchased a breeding trio awhile back and they came from some decent lines.

Thanks, James

You should get some Olive Eggers from that cross. That is what I am doing. Everybody is breeding different ways to see what shades or intensity they can get. I have a rumpless Cuckoo Marans hen I may put in with one of my Araucana roos to see what shade that will give me, like what Enola is doing. But you can go either way with the breeding.
I think it is neat to make different colored birds and eggs!

Quote:
We live in Anderson, and it is hard to find shows around here!
barnie.gif
I have been trying to find a show also. I think clemson has a yearly show, but I am not sure when.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom