South Carolina

Epitman, you're in North Augusta, right? I'll give you some eggs if you want them! Got EEs, Exchequer leghorns, White silkies, Exchequer/ Cuckoo Marans and Exchequer/Barred Rock mixes, and even Seramas (smooth roo on frizzle hens). Heck, there might even be some Blue Laced Red Wyandottes in there too, I'm not sure what her eggs look like. Can't say for certain my blue wheaton ameraucanas are laying right now.

Beth

Last edited:
Hey hardluck hill,,, Heck yeah i would like some eggs but after the holidays maybe around the new years day or the 2nd. Im trying a 40 watt bulb but i think im going to go get a thermostat from lowes. Sure do live in North Augusta. Thanks E

I'll be around. Any requests, or would you like an assortment? I've also got two exchequer chicks that are about a week old, and a few seramas that are about two weeks old, if they should strike your fancy. I'd have to ask for a few bucks a piece for them, I've had to feed them! haha. Oh, and this offer stands to any local folks who would like to take me up on it.

Beth

Now today was more like it!
We got so much done in this nice weather. Two trips to Lowes and Home Depot, we painted boards and cut some, built a box for our generator and still have lots left to do but sure enjoyed the warm air and sunshine for the day.

Supposed to snow on Friday night. Not that I would mind seeing snow on Christmas but here we go again....brrrrr!

Hi,
I am moving to Spartanburg in January and very much looking forward to getting our first chickens! I am loving reading this forum and very happy to find lots of South Carolinians on here! I am hoping to get a variety of laying pet laying hens and have now just started thinking about getting some ducks. I have been especially interested in finding a local source for a couple welsummers and Houdans (if anyone knows of any one who has them for sale locally, I would be thrilled.) But have also put my name in to get a couple older layers and some other chicks - I can't wait! I am very excited to arrive, get some birds and hopefully get to know some other chicken enthusiasts in the area
smile.png
! We are moving to a 2 acre lot originally and then plan to move to a more isolated 10 acre plot and build our dream "farm"in a couple years.
Rachel

Hi Rachel and welcome! Chickens are addictive you know...I thought I would be happy with just a couple breeds, RIR and BO and now I have them and frizzles and silkies and I want red stars and well the list just continues...
wee.gif

Epitman and Nadine TODAY was beautiful...this weekend I am worried about...snow in sumter means no bread and milk in the stores and crazy drivers who have never driven in snow before...
he.gif
So I think if it does snow I will be staying right here at home, saddling up a horse and going for a ride, then coming home to bacon and eggs
lau.gif

Beth now you know I love frizzles right?
lau.gif

Snick, I got my three seramas (smooth roo and two frizzle hens) from Juliette down near Charleston, she's got some amazing birds. I've got five chicks at the moment, only one frizzle. I can't wait to hatch some more eggs! They are way too cute. I may have to bug Dipsy for some fresh lineage come spring and get some LF frizzle going in my flock. Oh, the possibilities! haha I was commenting to some of my patients this morning that I was hoping that cold snap we just had was winter, and now we're onto spring. Honey keeps telling me how much it's going to snow this weekend. No spring yet, I guess!

Last edited:
Hardluck- You ever need more serama's just let me know. Right now I have a couple of jouvi cockerels available and the girls are still laying eggs pretty well and I'm not hatching any right now.
big_smile.png
wink.png

I will believe we'll get snow when I see it falling from the sky.
lol.png
For some reason, places south of I-85 never seem to get in on early snowfalls, and I am halfway to Greenwood, so I'm skeptical. Justin whats-his-face on WSPA says areas north of I-85 will get 1-2 inches. Every other forecast I've seen on the internet just says 60% chance of snow (as of Wed. night, anyway). Accu-weather said it'd be in the mid-40s with rain.
hmm.png
I know there are two different models they're looking at for this system, but that's a pretty varying forecast.

Back
Top Bottom