South Carolina

Good Morning

Just wanted to let everyone know I will be coming to Greenville tomorrow..Friday. Anyone that wants creamed honey or regular honey, private message or call me 864 313 9946

I have been working on my silkie breeder pen this week. Dh is working a lot of overtime so I am trying to get everything done that I am able to do. Gotta make pics.

Only a little over a week til Chickenstock.
wee.gif

I plan to bring buff silkies. Gotta get them sorted. Only keeping a few.

PM'd you! Or you can call me if you don't want to type out an answer. I just didn't call you because sometimes you are in that dead zone with the cell and I know you stay busy.

Oy. Well, I have 2 broody hens on my hands. I haven't had any eggs the last couple of days. I examined them and gave them treats. Not egg bound. Looked great. But the second I put them down.. They dashed back to their prospective nests, fluffed up, and settled in. On nothing! Invisible eggs I am guessing. Best suggestions???? How does one break 2 hens at once? Separate broody boxes?

What is the dif. regular and creamed honey it sounds yummy.
My regular honey has the wax strained out of it (I use a course strainer to leave the pollens in)...unheated...raw...local.

Creamed honey is spreadable creamy granulated honey...nothing added. I use a starter (creamed honey) to start the granulation process and control the temperature so that the honey ends up creamy instead of grainy. If it is heated to 90 degrees (such as left in a hot car) it will liquidfy back to regular honey.

My regular honey has the wax strained out of it (I use a course strainer to leave the pollens in)...unheated...raw...local.

Creamed honey is spreadable creamy granulated honey...nothing added. I use a starter (creamed honey) to start the granulation process and control the temperature so that the honey ends up creamy instead of grainy. If it is heated to 90 degrees (such as left in a hot car) it will liquidfy back to regular honey.

And you forgot to say how YUMMY both are!!! Mary, you got some sweet bees!!! LOL
love.gif

Creamed Honey:
All honey will granulate at some point. How long it takes depends on the nectar source.
Sourwood or tupelo will take years. Soybean and privet are very fast. I use a starter (creamed honey) to start the granulation process and control the temperature for approx. 4 weeks. This results in a smooth creamy granulated honey which is spreadable. It is pure raw honey with nothing added.

Not all creamed honey is raw. It depends on the beekeepers method of creaming honey. Some do heat their honey before creaming.

Raw Honey:
Raw honey is pure and natural. It is not heated. It has not been strained except to remove the wax cappings using a course strainer. All of the pollen is still in it. It is just like the honey in the hive without the wax. Honey you buy out of the store is pasteurized (or heated) and filtered. The only thing left is the sweet. Heat destroys the enzymes and nutrients. Filtering removes the pollens.
Here is a little better explaination.

Last week two people wanted creamed honey when I came to Greenville. I am having trouble finding their post. I will be in Greenville almost all day tomorrow and will have creamed honey with me. Call and I should be able to meet you someplace.
864 313 9946

I had a nice day delivering honey in Greenville today. Love this weather. Back to work on the Silkie Breeder Pen tomorrow.

I spent over an hour trying to pick up my order of honey container from a packaging company.
Part of the order wasn't there and then it was.
idunno.gif

Amazing!!!
th.gif
The warehouse people were wonderful and really on the ball.
thumbsup.gif

Not sure about the people in the office.
hu.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom