South O.C. California guinea rescue problem *Help Needed*

suburbanminifarm

Songster
10 Years
Jul 29, 2009
N.San Diego County
Attention Guinea People:
I need someone who is knowledgeable about guineas to help with a rescue of a couple who were dumped at the beach. This is a very populated urban area, maybe someone hatched them and then could'nt take the noise. They are just living off of whatever they can find and the lifeguards are giving them water. If you live anywhere near South Orange County, please email or PM me. I have very little info. The authorities are involved now and I have a friend who is a law enforcement officer who told me about them.
Please, if you have the space and would like a couple of guineas, let's match you up with these two who need a forever home!
Thank you!
37921_unnamed.jpg

OOooohhh I gotta start buttering up the Mr.!

We're concerned about this part - how likely would they be to hurt our chickens?
Quote:

Last edited:
Quote:

I don't know personally, I have never had guineas.......but I have seen many pictures by BYC'ers of mixed flocks.....perhaps if they are not crowded together? Anyone? They can't live at a lifeguard station forever....

Poor Guineas
if I was in Cali I would take them... I have some now that hang out with chickens, but my guineas free range all day
my chickens only do in evening so they are not together all day...
Oh I am keeping
fl.gif
for these two....

My guineas free range with chickens but keep away from eachother most of the day. They eat togather and roost togather but the guineas are in charge!

Guineas can be raised with chickens and get along well for the most part. All My guineas have been raised with My chickens. Raised being the keyword here. When someone take in adult guineas, for the most part have to stay locked up for about two months. Most times if you let adult guineas about before then, they fly way far and if they do come back , they will roost in trees...Young guineas are easier. They do look to have some foot problems but seems to Me it may have been frostbite and the remaining dead tissue fell off. God luck either way ^^

I'm working really hard but I'm not getting anywhere on being able to let them stay with us. I've asked around but no one near me is able to take them in either.

I'm sorry.

I would be willing to take them (don't know how you'll catch them though) I have six adults and could separate them from mine for a while. My only reservation is the amount of government involvement. Mine are all happy and free ranging during the day and locked up at night. Two more wouldn't be a problem once they get adjusted.

I'm in Valley Center.

Back
Top Bottom