Southern California - how to find cities zoned for chickens/goat?


10 Years
Jun 16, 2009
Hi, I live in SoCal and want to move to another city within Orange, LA, or Santa Barbara county where I can keep a few chickens and a goat....(nothing too big). Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about searching for cities that would allow such? Do I have to contact each city individually, or is there something online, or an easier way....?? Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Thanks so much, Stacey
What we did was google "city name poultry ordinace", and the muni code should pop up for each city (they're supposed to all be online now). Then print out the code, stick it somewhere, and if you're ever asked pull it out. Here it's city wide, but you may need to know what zoning your house is.

New posts New threads Active threads

Top Bottom