1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Southern California - how to find cities zoned for chickens/goat?

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by scottsangeloflove, Jun 16, 2009.

1. scottsangeloflove

scottsangeloflove New Egg

Jun 16, 2009
    Hi, I live in SoCal and want to move to another city within Orange, LA, or Santa Barbara county where I can keep a few chickens and a goat....(nothing too big). Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about searching for cities that would allow such? Do I have to contact each city individually, or is there something online, or an easier way....?? Any thoughts would be appreciated! [​IMG] Thanks so much, Stacey

2. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    What we did was google "city name poultry ordinace", and the muni code should pop up for each city (they're supposed to all be online now). Then print out the code, stick it somewhere, and if you're ever asked pull it out. Here it's city wide, but you may need to know what zoning your house is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by