Southern illinois chicken fans new lookin to share and make friends local and afar

chefskott

In the Brooder
Sep 6, 2016
Illinois
Im a hatching fool lately. Reason being we got rid of all our roosters from them abusing the flock. In turn i had to hatch the last fertile eggs for every chance of a chick from the awesome roosters we had.. plus my maiting trio of ayam cemani chickens are consistantly laying so i nee to time the hatchings ..i have 6 incubating and 25 pot luck chickens si.ce we had 4 roosters of varied breeds..gonne be interesting on many levels.. any one from southern illinois or missouri

by chance?

I always get excited to see someone else from So. IL! I hatched out some "muts" in the bator to see what would come out of the flock since we added a new roo. He's been hard at work. Most of the chicks are definitely his; they inherited his feathers. Now I've got one extremely stubborn Silkie sitting on three eggs that are due to hatch in a couple weeks. I'm going to be over-run here soon!

Not from Illinois, never been actually, but I'm raising baby chicks for the first time ever so I'm always looking to make friends with good chicken experience! Nice to meet you! Excited to see what kind of cool mixed breed chicks you get!
(Also, my favorite pullet is a "mutt", they always turn out so cool looking!)
Arryn, my "mutt"...

Last edited:
Not from Illinois, never been actually, but I'm raising baby chicks for the first time ever so I'm always looking to make friends with good chicken experience! Nice to meet you! Excited to see what kind of cool mixed breed chicks you get!
(Also, my favorite pullet is a "mutt", they always turn out so cool looking!)
Arryn, my "mutt"...
Pretty girl! I love pure-bred birds, but there's nothing like waiting for mixed-breed eggs to hatch. You never know what color or pattern you'll get (if you've got enough variety). It's like opening a present!

@LRH97
Totally agree! I love the variety! (I actually got Arryn as a get well soon present so she really was like opening a present lol)

@chefskott
Make sure you post pictures when the new ones hatch!

Im about 10 miles from stl. A town called collinsville on the illinois side of the river. I have 30 + assted chickens ...i have a breeding trio of ayam cemani Indonesian chickens and have 9 eggs to hatch atm. 6 in the incubator and 3 to 5 more goin in a second incubator in 2 day... if u ever sell a skie rooater let me know that my goal is a breeding pair of skies also..i have 2 small females atm... what part of illinois do ya live in ? close to stl??

Im about 10 miles from stl. A town called collinsville on the illinois side of the river. I have 30 + assted chickens ...i have a breeding trio of ayam cemani Indonesian chickens and have 9 eggs to hatch atm. 6 in the incubator and 3 to 5 more goin in a second incubator in 2 day... if u ever sell a skie rooater let me know that my goal is a breeding pair of skies also..i have 2 small females atm... what part of illinois do ya live in ? close to stl??
I'll definitely keep you in mind when I'm selling! Actually, I have an aunt and uncle in Collinsville, so we go up there every now and then. We live about 10 miles north of Carbondale.

Back
Top Bottom