Southwest Ohio

Quote:
Welcome Lisa
smile.png
Happy to have another chicken nut with us. Mandy Malin of the Cochin Coop http://www.thecochincoop.com/ has Seramas and just today she put the new babies that she is selling up online. When you go to the site click on "Available Birds" and it will take you to her adorable Serama chicks and pictures of their parents.
I also thought I might let you know about the club that has recently formed in the area. Our focus is mostly on conducting/holding swaps and so far we had our first one last fall across from the Caesar's Creek Flea Market. It was a great success so we will be having more and have already scheduled the next one. However, we also have a very energetic and committed president/organizer who has gone to great lengths to make sure that every meeting has some kind of educational agenda, so there's a lot we have to offer. We'd love to have you join us, so come check out the site at http://www.meetup.com/SWOBackyard-poultry/ Our next meeting is a clinic in Springboro at the TSC.
Hope to see you there.
ya.gif

Think I've got the family talked into going to the Eaton Swap. It's nice and close to us for a change, but they really aren't feeling the 6am part...
smile.png
Are we (the BYCers) or the meet up group going to get together anywhere during the swap?

Quote:
That is what I was wondering too??? If anyone has a plan let me know! I will have on my badge from the meet up group.
Also not looking forward to the 6am part! LOL!! That is when it starts so ya gotta get up earlier than that!!

I gotta work until 6am on Sunday, then get my sleepy behind to a family get-together at noon, have my kitchen measured for cabinets around 4, and then back to work at 6pm for another 12 hours of fun. I wish I could go with everyone to the swap, though! I have two mille fleur bantam Cochin roos that I am in negotiations to rehome unless I find a compatible hen to go with one of them. Anyone know if something nice in a buff columbian or mille will be there? And can you send one home with Beverly for me? There will be porcelain bantam Cochin eggs in your future if you do!
hugs.gif

Hey Liz,
I will keep my eyes open for you. If I see anything on your mini list I will call you
so have your phone near. Sorry you can't make it.

What a waste of my time that Eaton swap was for me!!! I no it was rainy and all but
there was like not many people selling at all. And of course nothing that I was looking for!
Nothing like getting up at 5 in the morning for nothing!! LOL!!

lilcrow
I have already talked to Mandy. I wanted to go look at her seramas today but didnt make it.
sad.png
I will think about joining the areas club. It's all up to my mom since shes the only one that drives.

Quote:
I don't know where you are, but SW Ohio is where I am, so if there is anything I can do to help like giving you a ride, let me know. I live in Wilmington currently, but I'm moving to the New Vienna area.

Quote:
I don't know where you are, but SW Ohio is where I am, so if there is anything I can do to help like giving you a ride, let me know. I live in Wilmington currently, but I'm moving to the New Vienna area.

I dont even know where New Vienna is, lol I live near Mt. Orab. Thanks for the offer to giving me a ride but if i can ever manage to be free for a meeting ill beg my mom to take me
smile.png
maybe my sister will help
lau.gif

tongue.png
Ha! Not surprised you don't know where New Vienna is, it's an eye blinker, if you're not careful you'll miss it when you drive through.
cool.png
It's actually best known as one of the centers for the KKK
somad.gif
tongue.gif
sickbyc.gif
rant.gif
and where the infamous drug dealing/white supremacist Kehoe brothers had been before they were stopped in Wilmington by the police. You can see a video of that on YouTube if you do a search for "Wilmington shootout."
lau.gif
I do know where Mt. Orab is and even though we are relatively close if we were talking about trading birds or something like that, we're actually about 35 or 40 min. apart. There are a LOT of chicken people in your area, Mt. Orab/Georgetown so hopefully we'll be having some meetings down your way.

Back
Top Bottom