Soy free chicken feed?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Ronnie2, Aug 11, 2017.

1. ~KH~

~KH~ Songster

Jun 16, 2011
    Southern CA
    My Coop
    Azure Standard sells Scratch and Peck and does have a drop points near Jacksonville and in Fairfield it appears. I don't know if that's farther than you'd want to drive, but I have been pleased with their feed.

Ronnie2 likes this.
  2. Ronnie2

Ronnie2 Chirping

Mar 12, 2017
    Palestine, Texas
    I picked up my 150-pound order of soy free pellets from Coyote Feed at our local feed store, and paid [email protected] Now after hurricane Harvey, our gasoline distributor told us to keep our gas tanks full because the gasoline refineries in Houston were damaged, and there will be shortages. All that means is not only will gas prices rise, along with our food, other products, and of coarse chickenfeed. Now what we need is for Trump to kick The Congress butts, as well as voters next year at the mid term elections, to drain the political minded swamp, to get us our Income Taxes cut.

3. tigger19687

tigger19687 Songster

is that the price for the whole 150#'s ????

4. Ronnie2

Ronnie2 Chirping

Mar 12, 2017
    Palestine, Texas
    No, it's for a 50-pound bag. That was a wonderful thought wasn't it! Instead of the short cut(@), I should have put per bag, sorry for that

5. Ronnie2

Ronnie2 Chirping

Mar 12, 2017
    Palestine, Texas
    Now to sign out, drink a couple cups of coffee, and go work the honeybees, getting daylight here

6. My oh my how things do change. It seems like only weeks ago that 100% vegetarian chicken food was the new in thing. And now the feed companies are (pick one) replacing or contaminating vegetarian chicken food with Omega 3 enriched chicken feed.

7. They likely replaced the roasted soybean meal with blood, or bone meal, dairy by products and laughter house refuge. Also waste from fish, and crab processing plants or maybe even knackers meal.

8. MaraC

MaraC Chirping

Oct 2, 2012
    Ridgefield, CT
    We've been using New Country Organics soy free and corn free. I have been splitting a truck delivery with another local chicken keeper. Otherwise we wouldn't be able to get any of these great feeds around where we live.

9. Ronnie2

Ronnie2 Chirping

Mar 12, 2017
    Palestine, Texas
    I just had to quit soy free, orders got back ordered several weeks at a time. That's what we get for not living closer to big cities. I only like to see big cities in my rear view mirror!!

GC-Raptor likes this.
  10. GC-Raptor

GC-Raptor Crowing

Jul 26, 2016
    Connecticut, U.S.A.
    Yeah, I had to wait 17 days. It came in just in time. I emptied my storage container the next day. I will order before i empty my last bag into the storage container. Glad I ordered 2 bags. GC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: