Space between well and coop

Update:

We re-measured, and realized that the existing 8' X 10' shed on a concrete foundation is 50' (feet) from the well. 🥳

We are going to rebuild the roof (...Which should be replaced anyway. The structure itself is in good shape), and make one side wall higher, (or the other side lower) so that the whole roof slopes in one direction for rain collection, and build the run behind it, with a roof extension covering the run as well.

I need to replace the windows and perhaps add more, and add dryer type vents, high on the walls, all covered in hardware cloth.
Is that enough air?.. I'm leaning towards adding more ventilation at the top.

Summer can be +30c, and winter can be -20c.

Tagging @Ted Brown, because we discussed the concrete base, and you were helpful on that subject. You explained that I didn't need one, but if I had one...
☺️

Attachments

• Instant Coop.PNG
    Instant Coop.PNG
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
@HowIsItDone

Concrete is excellent at deterring critters that burrow (eg rats, ...) but also inspect your shed carefully for holes larger than 1/2".

The single picture is limiting. Looks to me like you will need to open up soffits to provide appropriate ventilation. Add pics that are close up, you will get good advice.

@HowIsItDone

Concrete is excellent at deterring critters that burrow (eg rats, ...) but also inspect your shed carefully for holes larger than 1/2".

The single picture is limiting. Looks to me like you will need to open up soffits to provide appropriate ventilation. Add pics that are close up, you will get good advice.
Great. I'll do that, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom