Spaghetti Squash

nccountrygirl ,now you know why I'm "Scrambled"! Geez, work, teenagers (one, thankfully away at college!), chickens, fish pond (a LOT of work!!! --don't build on without thinking it requires maintenance!!) and then of course, we are a racing family so friday and saturday night are at the dirt track. I love to crochet too so I try to sneak that in when I can. Wish I could win the lottery and retire!!
Greginshasta, I feel your pain, haha!! Could not imagine life without southern food!! If you get the wife to make you some grits, you can add the leftovers to some velveeta and a pinch of garlic and bake, yummy!!
I am sure having trouble with my baby Reds getting over their fears of the giant Dominiques! They are like that movie, "Flowers in the Attic"!! My coop is an A frame with the A part where they roost, has a drop down door into a pen. The Reds will not come down, they stay upstairs all the time, I take them out when I get home and let them run in a little separate fenced in area so they can get some sunshine (the end doors of the A frame are, f course, open in the day,a fter all in NC we have 100 degree days!!) They are soooo scared of the Doms though it worries me. ONly one of them gives them any reason to be so scared and I yell at her when she gets near them so she pretty much stays away now. The rest live amicably with them. They all sleep together in the A part but the babies are all together at one end. GUess they'll work it out as they grow bigger and can hold their own but it sure drives a "Mom" crazy when the kids don't get along!!

They had a rice riot today. It was the first time they have seen rice and I held hand fulls for them to snatch from my hand. They thought it was something in short supply and needed to be competed for (they didn't notice the 1/2 pint tub from last night's chinese dinner leftovers that I was scooping it from) so they would grab mouthfulls and chase each other all over the pen.

Funny stuff.

Well Greg, now you have "chicken hoovers"!!! That's pretty funny about the rice! If you feed them start and grow or layena, depending on how old they are, try wetting it , they will love that too!
smile.png
Darlene

Back
Top Bottom