Spangled oeg bantams

Ponyiqandhens2

Songster
Nov 5, 2022
South Louisiana
I have been looking for the spring ( well actually since this past spring ) to find spangled oeg bantams

The few places that had them either no longer breed them or I couldnt find any info..even some of the bantam groups on fb I got zero response.apparently every other color is available

So anyway, anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Privett Hatchery lists them now but they are not actually available:
https://www.privetthatchery.com/product/917

And Welp Hatchery had them last time I looked, but all of their bantams have disappeared now.

Most places that sell bantams are seasonal, so I would suggest checking one or both of those next spring. I can't remember how early they let people start ordering, so maybe start looking in January, and keep checking through about April or May. Once you see them, place an order with a ship date that works for you.

Some years ago, I bought Spangled Old English Bantams from Welp (although I think they actually shipped from Privett). They were cute little birds, and appeared to be the right general shape and color. I don't know enough to say if they were really good examples of the breed or not.

You could also check other hatcheries. I did not make an exhaustive search of all the ones that exist.

Privett Hatchery lists them now but they are not actually available:
https://www.privetthatchery.com/product/917

And Welp Hatchery had them last time I looked, but all of their bantams have disappeared now.

Most places that sell bantams are seasonal, so I would suggest checking one or both of those next spring. I can't remember how early they let people start ordering, so maybe start looking in January, and keep checking through about April or May. Once you see them, place an order with a ship date that works for you.

Some years ago, I bought Spangled Old English Bantams from Welp (although I think they actually shipped from Privett). They were cute little birds, and appeared to be the right general shape and color. I don't know enough to say if they were really good examples of the breed or not.

You could also check other hatcheries. I did not make an exhaustive search of all the ones that exist.
Ok I did not check welp or privet last winter when most orders were placed for the year..I did try breeders that previously per post here and fb groups had spangled chicks..but even ideal has had them but no longer lists them,same for hoover ( I'm not sure which mine came from since hoover supplies most tsc but ideal does some and we are close to ideal) the manager of the tsc used to raise oegbs for show ( like hasnt in 5-6 years did for 10-12..he gave me names of breeders most are either no longer involved or dont do spangled.. but I will start looking come Nov thru jan at those 2

Back
Top Bottom