Spark diet site?

Yeah, I don't particularly want a diet, per se. I just need help understanding how to eat better the things I prefer to eat.
smile.png

I think the charting is the part I need for a while. I come from a long line of fat people with really unhealthy habits. I need help planning better habits.

I lost 25 pounds recently and I find the spark people site helpful in finding good healthy recipes from other members and keeping myself accountable. I may track my eating for a week or so, just to make sure Im making good choices. But as for a "diet" well, probably like was mentioned, I just pay attention to what I eat more than I used to. Always have food in the house so I can cook and dont have to run out and get something fast. For someone who needs extra help staying on track it is helpful.

I tried it but being diabetic it wouldn't plan meals for me.
sad.png
I use Fitday.com where I can plug in my own foods, but the free version I use does not plan meals for you.

Spark isn't really a diet. It's an online diet and exercise journal. I've found it especially helpful because it will estimate how many calories I consume vs how many I burn. It will give you food and exercise suggestions if you don't know where to start, but you don't have to use them. I usually like their food suggestions, but they aren't always feasible with my budget. They also have lots of great articles from doctors and dieticians on a variety of subjects. I don't use the journals as often as I should. I certainly see better results when I do because it makes me think about what I eat. I just like it because it is a healthy approach to weight loss. Not starvation or some fad diet.

I've recently switched from Spark to their sister site Babyfit, since I'm now expecting. It's also given me some great advice on eating right during my pregnancy and safe exercises to keep me fit.

I just entered my breakfast in and it's interesting to see how things add up. The two Christmas cookies I just knocked back certainly didn't help my totals.
roll.png
Thank heavens they are all gone now.
The online nutition tracker was the only thing I liked about the WeightWatchers online program. Studies show that when you have to write down what you eat, you tend to eat less. I like seeing the nutritional totals too. That makes me pay more attention. WW only tracked points. I like that SPark is showing calories, carbs, fat and protein.

We'll see how it goes. I just read an article on how to keep with an exercise program and it made sense. Exercise is generally where I fall apart. I work such weird hours that it's hard to get in a groove and it's hard to find anyone to exercise with me. I need to ask around at work and see who is free.

Back yard chickens has a team on there so if you are interested or already on spark check us out.

Back
Top Bottom