Speaking of TSC chicks, sell out this year too ?

Good question about Ideal's minimum dollar amount. I don't know the answer, but you could ask them.

Or you could deliberately order chicks that are more expensive, so it reaches the right total.
I'll see if I can call them and ask. I have a certain breed I want, so I'm not interested in getting anything else.

Also, their policy of adding extra chicks for warmth means you'd have to decide what to do with those, too. The one time they added extra males to an order of mine, they were a different color, so it was easy to tell which ones they were. I raised them for about 2 months and then butchered them, but it would have also been easy to just cull them the day they arrived.

They did say you could order "warming packs or extra straw" if you didn't want the extra males. They didn't say what it cost though.

I'll see if I can call them and ask.
(regarding their $30 minimum/5 chick order)

Welll.... hmmmm.... I called their number and the first time it said they had a special for people over 50. I pressed 1, because I am 50+, and got transferred to a "free medical something-something offer." I hung up. Misdial? :confused:

I called back, got a menu that eventually put into a mailbox, but I didn't really want to leave a message, so again, I hung up.

I emailed them and will let you know if I hear back.

(regarding their $30 minimum/5 chick order)

Welll.... hmmmm.... I called their number and the first time it said they had a special for people over 50. I pressed 1, because I am 50+, and got transferred to a "free medical something-something offer." I hung up. Misdial? :confused:

I called back, got a menu that eventually put into a mailbox, but I didn't really want to leave a message, so again, I hung up.

I emailed them and will let you know if I hear back.
Hmmm, do you only want to order from them ?

Hmmm, do you only want to order from them ?
No, not at all. It's just I want Blue Australorps, and I'm not finding too many hatcheries that have them, and don't have a minimum of 25. So any suggestions... shout 'em out! :)

Cackle, Meyer, and My Pet Chicken all have a minimum order of 3
I'm going to look at their sites next... Nope, none list Blue Aussies.

No, not at all. It's just I want Blue Australorps, and I'm not finding too many hatcheries that have them, and don't have a minimum of 25. So any suggestions... shout 'em out! :)
So Welp hatchery or Strombergs won't help (Blue Australorps both places, minimum order 25 chicks both places).

^^Nope. Sigh.

There is a place about 110 miles from me, but they won't have them until June.

TCS near me said they had them last year, but the supposedly they order from either Hoovers or Townline (Dave at my local TSC said Townline) and neither of those list Blues.

I'm sure the employee meant they had Australorps last year, and simply didn't know any better as to the rest. While some individuals know their birds quite well, that knowledge seems to be pre-existing their employment. There is little apparent effort at training on product knowledge. Not atypical, I might add

Yeah, I'm afraid of that. ^^ But when I specifically said, blue, not black, he was sure that's what they had been. I wasn't in often enough to have ever seen them; he said they went fast. On the info sheet on the brooder they had Australorps in, it did say they came in blue and black. I thought I saw two that "might have been" blue...?

I think the chicken and gardening boom is over with from last year due to Covid. I've seen alot of folks just give away their chickens on Craigslist and it took some time to do that from what I noticed. Not to say they won't sell chicken or gardening things, but it won't be like last year, although I see the price will still be inflated.

Back
Top Bottom