Special Blacks and Browns - Sunnyside Hatchery

kingdr85

Songster
11 Years
May 7, 2008
Madison-Columbus WI
Hello,

Does anyone have any pictures of "Special Blacks" and Browns fully grown?

My friend will be purchasing his first chicks from this hatchery in Beaver Dam, WI: http://www.sunnysidehatchery.com/Pricing.php

He
will be purchasing the Browns and Special Blacks but he was wondering what they will look like. The pictures on the website are really bad, and probably a bad representation of what the hens will actually look like. Also temperament?

Thanks,

The brown is a Cinnamin Queens and the blacks are black Sex-links

Queen

60685_010.jpg

Black

60685_images.jpg

what is the difference in looks? Mine (gender not identified) is about 3 weeks old and I am dying to know the gender... Are there any distinctive features are 1 month? It has me waiting on it at all hours like a queen.

what is the difference in looks? Mine (gender not identified) is about 3 weeks old and I am dying to know the gender... Are there any distinctive features are 1 month? It has me waiting on it at all hours like a queen.
Not sure what exactly you are commenting on....if you have a Cinnamon Queen/Red Sex link or a Black star/black sex link, they are already sexed as female. That is the point of buying sex-linked chicks, they can be told apart at birth.

Special Blacks are not black star chickens. And according to Sunnyside not sexable based on appearance at birth, they sex them (the woman in the office did not know) either by vent or feather. So, what I am asking is are there distinguishing features that people have noticed in Special Black at this young age?

Can anyone tell me when to expect the Sunnyside dual purpose birds to start laying? (Brown and Blacks)

Back
Top Bottom