Special needs chickens contest

I'm not entering, but I have a " problemed " chicken thread. Please view! I'm also rescueing some " troubled " chickens. If you have a chicken with any problems I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands if you can no longer care for the poor chicken. I had a crooked beak chicken and completely cured her. She now eats perfectly fine and loves to run around and peck around with the other chickens! Good luck to all of you!

This is Bandit (short for One Eyed Bandit) she's 18 wks and hangs with the chickens. She is the only bird I have named thus far. I'm in hopes that the fact she is a female will make life easier for her this spring. I keep her beak trimmed, and she eats fine out of the feeder.
63508_030.jpg

63508_031.jpg
What kind is she?? Shes funny looking

It takes time to cure crooked beak, but I managed to do it. It also matters how bad it is. What I did is got one of those old fashioned nail files with the handle and held my chickens head so I didn't shake her brains out then I filed her beak down for five minutes everyday. Then once it got the same perfect length I would put a hair band on loosely, but firmly for about an hour and kept my chicken with me while he had it on. Then took it off and repeated everyday! Hope I could help! It takes time!

Back
Top Bottom