Special needs chickens contest

I have a special needs chicken too. Her name is Negu (Never Ever Give Up). I got her from my local TSC and she was given to me for free when I bought some other chicks. Negu is a bantam and was born with a leg deformity. Both of her legs are messed up. She can't walk. Despite trying many methods of correcting her leg, nothing seemed to work. I decided to make her comfortable the way she is and give her the best life possible. I bring her in the house everyday to help her eat (she eats on her own, but I bring her in everyday because she sometimes has trouble getting over to her food).

Negu as a young chick (as you can see I was trying to correct her leg).

Negu as a chick without her bandage:

Negu is kept in an elevated cage in my chicken coop. She can see the rest of my flock at all times. When the weather is nice, I bring her outside and put her in a bigger cage without a bottom so she can peck around in the grass during the day.

Here is another, more recent picture of Negu. She was wet in this picture because she had just had a bath. Negu loves to go swimming. I have an old ceramic crockpot that I no longer use. I fill it with water for her and let her go for a swim in it. She absolutely loves to float around in it. It's almost like her physical therapy!

I have a special needs chicken too. Her name is Negu (Never Ever Give Up). I got her from my local TSC and she was given to me for free when I bought some other chicks. Negu is a bantam and was born with a leg deformity. Both of her legs are messed up. She can't walk. Despite trying many methods of correcting her leg, nothing seemed to work. I decided to make her comfortable the way she is and give her the best life possible. I bring her in the house everyday to help her eat (she eats on her own, but I bring her in everyday because she sometimes has trouble getting over to her food).

Negu as a young chick (as you can see I was trying to correct her leg).

Negu as a chick without her bandage:

Negu is kept in an elevated cage in my chicken coop. She can see the rest of my flock at all times. When the weather is nice, I bring her outside and put her in a bigger cage without a bottom so she can peck around in the grass during the day.

Here is another, more recent picture of Negu. She was wet in this picture because she had just had a bath. Negu loves to go swimming. I have an old ceramic crockpot that I no longer use. I fill it with water for her and let her go for a swim in it. She absolutely loves to float around in it. It's almost like her physical therapy!

OMG!! I love negu!! She looks so sweet and it seems she has the best owner in the world!! :) Is she a mille fleur d'uccle?

OMG!! I love negu!! She looks so sweet and it seems she has the best owner in the world!! :) Is she a mille fleur d'uccle?
Yes, she is. And thank you.
smile.png
She is a happy little bird.

I HAVE A CHICKEN WITH A BROKEN LEG AND I WILL POST A PIC OF HER SHE BELONGS TO MY FIVE YEAR OLD SON, A FOX ATTACKED HER AND I GOT OUT TO HER IN TIME BUT HER LEG IS BROKEN AND WE TOOK HER TO VET AND I CANT AFFORD THE VET BILL AND IT IS RIGHT HERE AT CHRISTMAS AND I AM A SINGLE MOTHER OF 3 KIDS. SO IF ANYONE CAN HELP GET MY SONS BIRDIE FIXED FOR CHRISTMAS IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. HE BROKE MY HERT LAST NIGHT WAS I ASKED HIM I SAID " WE ARE GOIN TO TALK TO SANTA THIS WEEKEND, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO TELL HIM U WANT FOR CHRISTMAS, HE SAYS I WANT MY CHICKENS LEG FIXED AND IT BROKE MY HEART CAUSE I DONT HAVE THE FUNDS TO FIX HIM. SO IF YOU CAN HELP PLEASE PM ME. MY SON WOULD BE ONE HAPPY LIL BOT COME CHRISTMAS MORNING.
SHE IS THE ONE RIGHT BEHIND THE ROO, I WILL GET PIC OF HER LEG AND PUT ON HERE, THIS WAS RIGHT BEFORE SHE GOT ATTACKED.PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Hi...I have a big Roo that broke his leg at 8wks when he got into a horse stall and a horse stepped on his leg.It was not a compound fracture(stickn out thru the skin)however,it was a serious break.
I could not set it with a splint as he screamed too much when I tried,so...after I assessed him for internal bleeding,in leg or anywhere,I gave him a 1/4 baby aspirin daily- with FOOD- 1st 2 days.I put him on cage rest(in a makeshift 3 x 5 cage)with hay bedding and his food and water within reach,and applied-believe it or not-a topical,Boiron Arnica Cream x3 daily,applied on broken leg all around the break extending to where ever the swelling was.In 24-36 hrs the swelling was gone,he was up and partially weight bearing after 4 days(though I didnt start lettn him out of the cage for 2-3 hrs of a day until day 5 after Arnica started) of the Arnica crm,after 10-14 days I let him run around half a day and then continued to restricted his movement in a cage.I did the half day in cage routine about 3-4 wks and he's been good as new,altho his leg is slightly crooked,it supports his 14# wt well.This was a meat bird to boot,their broken legs dont heal like this!
The Boiron Arnica crm works so well with humans,too,that we have a Drs order for it for my peds pt(I m a nurse) who gets more than his share of bumps n bruises as he has balance issues.The Arnica crm imo reduces the healing time for contusions,sprains etc by half to 2/3...It is avail at Walmart(cheapest 10.00),Walgreens...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom