Special Treats!!

Saturday we went and picked some Peaches, (ohio) and as we eat them the girls eat them with us... and we are all happy
smile.png

I threw a big bag of shrimp shells and whole crab body shells in the coop yesterday morning. I came back an hour later and there was VERY little evidence of the treats left. They literally devoured the entire crab shell! There's a new group of girls about to lay so I'm hoping the extra calcium pushes them to drop those eggs!!!

My chickens love apples off the apple tree in the woods..that's very cheap haha. And I thought about how chickens love bugs to eat but in the winter they can't find any so I was thinking you could go to the local pet store and buy crickets they feed to lizards and snakes then the chickens would have juicy grasshoppers in the winter and it would be good protein for them in the winter months.
D.gif

I made my spoiled babies a special "BANANA FRENCH TOAST". They are 7 weeks old and went crazy for it.

Recipe:

1 overripe banana - mashed
6 slices stale wheat bread (torn into small pieces)
1/4 cup milk
2 raw eggs

Beat eggs and milk together and soak bread in liquid. Put in paper plate and top with mashed banana.

Stand back and watch out! It brings out their inner velociraptor! Super healthy for them. You can also top with whole oats, wheat, seeds, etc.

Quote:
Mine range from 12 weeks to 22 weeks & they eat different things. On different days. Guess they are like us, we don't all like the same things. One of the universal favorites, including with my next door chickens who come for play dates, is raw corn on the cob. I clean it & break it into 2 or 3 pieces, drop it & run. Have to admit the Banana French Toast sounds really good. If my DH saw me fixing it for the kids he would want some too, just cooked. I am saving that one.

Back
Top Bottom