Speckled gene, swedish flower question

Eric Rosario

Chirping
Aug 5, 2019
Hello all, I've been searching for some time now about the white dots on of my most valued girls over the web to find out the info how the white spots are working. She should be a blue swedish flower, I've found it's called also a speckled feathers, also found some topics about crosses and the offspring are speckled too. But what I still miss is the gene causing the white dots on feathers dominant or recesive, anyone got some info about it?

Generaly I would like to have more babies from her, I have a pavlovskaya blue roo that shows me most feathers to get nice and interesting babies from.

Cross of these two should be in 25% splash as i suppose both are blue, mix of the feathers of both parents could create a various of interesting looks of next generation, but I'm not sure if the babies are speckled in first generation or just in the next one.

I need the information about the the white dots, i have two more non-blue (only back and brownish) hens with dots too.

thank you! :)
IMG_20210324_104355[1].jpg

IMG_20210122_134357[1].jpg

I don't know anything about pavlovskaya chickens but the white spots on the Swedish flower hens is the mottled gene. Its recessive so for offspring to show it they have to get a copy from both parents. If a bird has one copy it goes sight unseen.

I don't know anything about pavlovskaya chickens but the white spots on the Swedish flower hens is the mottled gene. Its recessive so for offspring to show it they have to get a copy from both parents. If a bird has one copy it goes sight unseen.
I thought so, as I had two other speckled with roo's last year but as they were with other hens I was not able to tell which egg is from which hen, but none of the babies were speckled.

But I got the plan for them anyway, hopefully she won't be broody all year long and will be able to produce some eggs. She was broody 3x times last year.

Pavlovskaya roo, will give the muff and beard, the crest, feathered legs and polydactylity to the babies and of course his blue colour, She should put the blue colour too to produce splash and the speckled gene, but as that one is recessive so only next generation will be speckled.

Back
Top Bottom