Speckled or Light Sussex Chick ?

The Best Duck

In the Brooder
6 Years
Nov 29, 2013
Hi, i hatched this supposed speckled sussex chick but to me it looks more like a light sussex.
Can you please help me out.
Thank You

Looks like a Light Sussex to me, not a Speckled Sussex. Did you hatch out any other chicks from the batch of eggs, and if so, do they appear to be speckled?

Looks like a Light Sussex to me, not a Speckled Sussex. Did you hatch out any other chicks from the batch of eggs, and if so, do they appear to be speckled?

No none of the other eggs hatched because it was a bad lot, but I think they just got there eggs mixed up as they have Light Sussex as well.

these are my speckeled Sussex chicks a couple have lots of white on chest is this normal..love them so affecionate

Well, By looking at your pictures I finally found out my speckled Sussex chick is one. She isn't very pretty. I'm hoping she gets pretty like some of the pictures I've seen. I must be a horrible chicken mom because none of my chickens or chicks are friendly to me. My 3 brown leghorns run when they see me because they know I'm bringing them bread. They love bread, especially white bread. Not so much wheat. I think that's hilarious that they are picky. Thanks for the pics of your birds.

Back
Top Bottom