Speckledhen and Cetawin's Weekend

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PepsNick, May 23, 2011.

1. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    How was your trip? I hope that you had a bunch of fun! Can't wait to hear a report (and pictures!). [​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

It was nice. Was happy I could make the trip. Got to spend time with scbatz, wegotchickens and of course, Cetawin and her family, including the goober that masquerades as a Livestock Guardian Dog and the Diva known as Joleta Bey. Much of it was spent on coyote watch and we found a den directly across the road from her house so that was unnerving! She lost a lovely buff Cochin right before I got there to that darn thing. These are the only pics I took as I was loading up to leave, of Cheyenne with Junebug.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Looks like you guys had fun! [​IMG]
    That's very unsettleing knowing there is a Coyote den across the road from your house especially when you have animals.

4. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    I enjoyed myself a great deal...I always enjoy time spent with Speckledhen. She would not let me take any pics of her [​IMG]

I almost got her to touch a silkie but she just would not breakdown and do it. I did however get her to touch a frizzled serama. LOL

She got to sit on the front porch swing with her grandbaby Delaware, Fattie...who thanked her by hopping off her lap and laying her egg beside her. LOL

Yes the crazyiness at my place never ends. It was sad that we were on coyote watch instead of out seeing the sights but the birds are safe. Hopefully soon I will destroy the coyote and life can go back to its normal chaos. [​IMG]

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:I cannot even see her face, and I see your daughters beauty.

6. speckledhen

Cheyenne is a gorgeous young lady and a sweetheart as well. Can't help but love her.

7. country lady

country lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Tennessee
    Cynthia, did you have a chance to visit the quilt museum and the historic downtown? We just love looking at the paintings on the flood wall. One year during the quilt show, the Delta Queen docked at the flood wall. It was a beautiful sight seeing the ladies come off the boat. Sadly, the Delta Queen is no longer able to do that.

8. speckledhen

No, was just there from later Friday until Sunday midday. We stayed at the house, watching the chickens, treating the diva horse to carrots and just chilling out on the porch. It was really nice.

9. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    What a beautiful area!

10. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Glad you all had fun!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by