Spicy Pepper Harvest

BeeRex

Chirping
Sep 2, 2023
Hey there! I have a small garden set up that I plan on expanding by next year so I can grow more stuff. I currently have different types of Peppers growing. I don’t have a picture of my setup for some reason, but I do have these pics of what I’ve picked so far off my 3 Chili pepper plants, 1 Jalapeño pepper plant, and 1 sweet Jalapeño pepper plant! I also have a Tabasco pepper plant, but my aunt over watered some of my plants without me knowing and almost killed it! But the other peppers are the most important anyways since I have no idea what to do with these awful looking tobasco peppers. I still have at least 20+ chili peppers starting to flower on each chili pepper plant after picking these ones. Now I’m currently dehydrating them to make my own chili powder and then to make some Jalapeños Popper Chicken Chili for our family Chili cook off!

(if you have a chili powder recipe that uses just chili peppers as the spice, let me know cuz I’m struggling to find a good one!)

Attachments

• IMG_4107.jpeg
    IMG_4107.jpeg
    421.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4113.jpeg
    IMG_4113.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 5
Congrats on the harvest! Apparently, in the battle between me and the drought, I was the big loser. Hardly any peppers -- or anything else except cherry tomatoes -- thrived this year, even though I regularly hauled water out to the garden.

I think it's cool that you are making your own chili powder. Maybe I'll try that -- next year.

Congrats on the harvest! Apparently, in the battle between me and the drought, I was the big loser. Hardly any peppers -- or anything else except cherry tomatoes -- thrived this year, even though I regularly hauled water out to the garden.

I think it's cool that you are making your own chili powder. Maybe I'll try that -- next year.
I’m sorry to hear your peppers didn’t do too well because of the drought, mine almost died in the heat, I had to keep going out with an umbrella every morning to cover them from the sun, some of them got sun burnt

Back
Top Bottom