Spider Webs

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by barg, Sep 17, 2007.

1. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    On the news, I saw the story on the big spider web in texas, is anyone else haveing alot of spiders this year?
    We have a ton of them.

Just curious since allot of spiders are supposed to mean allot of snow in the winter.

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I noticed alot more spider webs in the coop when I cleaned last week too.....

3. MonkeyZero

MonkeyZero Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    i have a pet jumping spider![​IMG]

4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

There's been spideys everywhere this summer...I hope that they're wrong but we're due up here in New England for a snowy winter...We've gotten the cold, but not alot of snow.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Do spiders have something to do with a bad winter coming? Hadn't heard that but I did have many more webs in my coop than normal. I finally just took my vacuum cleaner and used the hose to get them all down.

6. MonkeyZero

MonkeyZero Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    i think because we have lots of spiders out here in cali and we are having a really cold season(79-85 degrees high!)

7. PeiTheCelt

PeiTheCelt Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2007
    Central NY
    Tons here, now admittedly we've just moved house, but even before we left our old place, we had more than we'd had recently. Bleah.

8. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    we had a lot of spider webs. the chickens took care of the spiders and i take care of the webs (running into them). it is/was FREEZING today (not literally, just an exaggeration) but i was cold.

9. peacebird

peacebird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Virginia
    LOADS of spiders here, two HUGE ones in the coop - probably 3 inches across.... [​IMG]

and it has been in the low 40's at night here, in September? sheesh....

10. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG] [​IMG] :mad:
    OK...ENOUGH about a bad winter. I've enjoyed NOT having to snowblow the last 2 years!
    OK...I'm going to change the oil in the snowblower tomorrow!
    I'm totally getting ready for winter this year...got the sand barrel all ready...snow blower...new shovels...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by