"spike" of temperature on incubator

duckclub

Hatching
11 Years
Apr 12, 2008
Hello!

I am new to this list. I bought two G.Q.F. Model #1202 incubators. Both have spiked from 100 degrees to 130 degrees. I've lost hundreds of eggs. Any suggestions?

LT Bobby Ross

Ouch... is it the preset or the waver themostat? Sounds like if it really spiked up to 130, and it wasn't a thermometer glitch saying it was 130, the primary thermostat might need to be replaced, and the 102 back up waver is broken.

I would take those incubators right back to the store and tell them you want new ones. Tell they what happened and that you lost all your eggs. I am so sorry for your loss. I just lost 40 eggs last night. Temp went to 110. It's not going to be a good day for my DH as I stopped smoking today and lost all my eggs. We need to go to bed and cry.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Last edited:
First question is, how long was the temp stable at 100? Did you make any adjustment at all? The slightest movement of the dial will cause a substantial change in temp. If you did not touch it at all then, I would believe you have a faulty thermostat and you need to have it replaced. You may not be able to get just the thermostat at the place where you purchased it but they should take it back as faulty and replace it for you.

I checked and could not find listed the 1202 so I am not sure what type of thermostat you have. The wafer thermostat is touchy and it is a good idea to have a spare one on hand if that is what your incubator has. Many people have had good luck with the Hova Bator but I would invest in one with an electronic thermostat from the beginning. It save lots of heartache in the long run. JMHO

Thanks to the 3 of you for your replies. I'm not certain how this works, so this is a bit of a test to see if I can actually communicate with you on this forum.

First off, I bought these two large incubators through an associate who found the both of them on Ebay for $300 each. It was a good price, and she said they were the 'best' in the industry. I was using the "Picture Window Nova-Bator" from the same company and it has never let me down. So, I bought these big ones.

They are a total fiasco. And, I've tried to contact the company (G.Q.F.) and they don't have the time to get back to me. They also do not have an 800 number to phone. But, they do have the time to take your credit card number if you want to buy something from them.

I would highly recommend to any and all who are interested in buying any of this company's products to realize that they are 'booby trapped' and by doing so, you are setting yourself up for a lot of heartache and misery!

Both these machines do the very same thing. They work great for 19 days. And, after 'fixing' one of them the best I could, it even worked for 2 cycles (21 days each). But, they both 'BOMB' you on the 20th day! The 100 degree temperature suddenly 'spikes' to way over 130 degrees. It only takes a minute and a half to fry all the eggs and all the hatched chicks in the lower brooder. It is heartbreaking.

I am going to try my best to 'fix' this by buying new waffers, etc, and perhaps 'invent' my own contraption to fix this. But, I suggest you folks spread the word on this company. They don't care. They will not answer your emails, nor their "answering machine' messages. Their only interest is to sell you a horrible machine.

I am contacting my lawyer on this, but by doing so, all I'm subjecting myself to is more good money being thrown after bad.

I'm moving to the "Little Giant" 40 Watt, 110 Volt AC model manufactured by Miller Mfg. Co. So far, these incubators have not been giving me any problem. But, I have to watch them closely because the temperature does tend to fluxuate a bit in both directions.

I would appreciate any suggestions from any of you of a good machine that does the job with a large number of eggs. But, take my word for it: Stay away from G.Q.F.

LT Bobby Ross

Back
Top Bottom