spike water with catenne pepper?

In the UK, where I am, they sell a product called Poultry Spice which contains a variety of warming spices. I always use it on the Chickens food in cold weather or if any of them are a bit off colour. It certainly perks them up & helps to get the girls laying! So I think Anny that your Grandpa is probably right! Us oldens are not so daft!!!!!

Quote:
It can stop a heart attack!?..really? how?..i'm very interested in this..thanks!, Wendy

It's because it helps regulate the heart. There have been many cases where the person was in cardiac arrest, and someone put a dropperful of cayenne tincture in their mouth, and they revived.

Now I suppose I should put my disclaimer here: It is recommended that you call 911 if you have a heart attack, and follow your doctor's advice. This information is not intended for medical diagnoses or use.

barnie.gif
The good old FDA would just dearly love to shut down all the herbalists in the country-why? because it works!!!!!
ep.gif
Amazing, huh! That's where drug companies get many of their drugs from, only they are synthetic and cause many problems, where the natural herb that it was formulated from doesn't have side affects like theirs does. That's where they got aspirin from (white willow bark), and digitalis (fox glove) etc, etc, etc.

Quote:
It can stop a heart attack!?..really? how?..i'm very interested in this..thanks!, Wendy

It's because it helps regulate the heart. There have been many cases where the person was in cardiac arrest, and someone put a dropperful of cayenne tincture in their mouth, and they revived.

Now I suppose I should put my disclaimer here: It is recommended that you call 911 if you have a heart attack, and follow your doctor's advice. This information is not intended for medical diagnoses or use.

barnie.gif
The good old FDA would just dearly love to shut down all the herbalists in the country-why? because it works!!!!!
ep.gif
Amazing, huh! That's where drug companies get many of their drugs from, only they are synthetic and cause many problems, where the natural herb that it was formulated from doesn't have side affects like theirs does. That's where they got aspirin from (white willow bark), and digitalis (fox glove) etc, etc, etc.

I just thought I would give you another view. Although there are many drugs that come from plants and animals to begin with, it is not as cut and dry as eat this and drink that. I am not bashing the "natural healing" herbal thing but there is no way in h**l that pepper will STOP an MI (heart attack). Trust me---not an herbalist---an ER Nurse.

Tom

By the way, Digitalis and fox glove are VERY toxic to your body, they must be regulated very close (dig toxicity), can and has killed alot of folks. I have seen several people of late die from attempting to treat illness at home with herbal fixes, including the local chiropractor/herbalist. They have a place in medicine even today, but people are going WAY to far with it.

Edit for more info:)

Last edited:
I believe in natural cures, but must agree with TGB.

Stevia will not be approved by the FDA because it is natural and pharmaceuticals would lose too much money.

As an afterthought, it helps to grow a medicinal herb garden just to keep your future-ex wondering.

"I am not bashing the "natural healing" herbal thing but there is no way in h**l that pepper will STOP an MI (heart attack). Trust me---not an herbalist---an ER Nurse."

Hate to tell you this but I don't trust you, because it's been done numerous times-I'm sorry you've not had the chance to see it happen in your world of prescription drug users.

I believe herbs are the way to go, I've literally seen people who have gone in to the doctor with kidney stones-big ones! They were in severe pain, and scheduled for surgery-they took Uva Ursi and Butchers broom, and when it came time for them to have surgery-the kidney stones were entirely gone. The doctors couldn't believe it!
celebrate.gif

Sorry, seen way too many good things happen with natural herbs, and wouldn't be without them!! Couldn't be more healthy!
wee.gif

I'll stick to my herbs, and others can stick to their artificial man-made drugs that clog up the kidneys and liver
big_smile.png

Seen way too many cases of drug filled people that have to take this one to take care of this side affect from that one and then another one to take care of that side affect, and another,etc, etc. and etc. I've literally seen people be on 12 or more drugs at one time and they literally have had to take most of them to take care of the side affects from the other one!
barnie.gif

My eighty two year old mother is not on any medications at all. All of her friends her age have either died or are pretty well bedridden. Wouldn't trade the quality of life she has for those her age in a nursing home where they don't get the nutrition they need!

I spent the first few years of married life being on antibiotics 9 months a year-so sick from sinus infections that I had to crawl to the bathroom-until I decided to take my health into my own hands. Don't need them now, (antibiotics) and I shouldn't have needed them then, if I'd just have stayed clear of the doctor's office and used herbs.

hu.gif
I just don't get it, why anyone would want to make their body unhealthy by taking artificial drugs. We go so few times to a doctor (usually only to get a diagnosis so that we can treat it with herbs) that our records are always archived, and we end up having to pay the new patient bill. Every 6 to 8 years instead of once a month as many people do! My aunt (my healthy mom's sister) and uncle always went to the best doctors in the country for their health issues, and guess what, now that they are in their 80's, they still go to the best doctors in the country, and still like to brag that they go to only the best doctors in the country only now it's once a week for each of them! By the way, the ER room should be for only those who have car accidents and the like! It shouldn't have to be for heart attacks, but people are so misinformed by others who don't use the herbs themselves; they read a rare article or two about someone who may have died from an herb, (it usually always says that it has been undetermined) and I've actually seen some ridicule people who use herbs even though those who use herbs are healthier than a horse. I don't know about you, but every single nurse I know, including ER nurses that I personally know, are constantly on one drug or another for this or that. And then my nurse friends like to tell me that I shouldn't take herbs, people can die from it!! (I just tell them to go figure up all the hundreds of thousands of people who have died, or have to live with poor health resulting from the use of drugs, my brother being one of the ones who just "took what the doctor recommended" and today is not the same person.) And guess what?! They're still my good friends!
big_smile.png
idunno.gif
I always tell them it's a no brainer to me!
thumbsup.gif
Said all this in the hopes you will one day consider the benefits of using herbs. Maybe not now, but perhaps I will have sown a seed, and you will consider it someday!
hugs.gif

MissPrissy wrote:

Chickens do not have tastebud heat receptors like humans. Some old farmers do think and have suggestable evidence that heavy concentration of red pepper will help 'burn a molt' and get hens to laying on a more normal schedule. It most likely has nothing to do with the heat factor of peppers but the nutrative properties of peppers. If you can stand the heat hot peppers are exceptionally good for you too.

I agree with MissPrissy and also use red peppers (cayenne, hot sauce) freely during the winter (along with lots of garlic) to prevent the colds most people get. I haven't been sick in years, and now that my boyfriend follows the same regimen, he has avoided the nearly monthly colds he used to get.

The one caution I have is that I have been advised by my friends who use traditional Chinese medicine that cayenne is not for everyone. If you are a "fire type" anything spicy like that may cause some harm. Just a thought. Wish I knew more so I could say something more definite, but then again, when it comes to medicine vs. herbs, we all just have to make up our minds ourselves oftentimes. It seems you can always find a study to back up whatever you may believe, or another study to explain why other things are "dangerous".
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom