Spinach?

Quailerino

Flailing
Jun 20, 2020
Petaluma, CA
My Coop
My Coop
I heard that spinach is good for quail so I tried offering them some nice, whole fresh leaves to nibble at. They seem entirely disinterested. Not a nibble. Anybody had success feeding spinach to your quail? What's the delivery method/presentation that they seem to like?

My quail used to not eat grass, but then i mixed it in with clovers and they came running. I gave them a strawberry and no one was interested, but when i tried again they all came running. It might have something to do with the time of year, they may not be expecting strawberries. Like if a blueberry appeared in your yard on the blueberry bush on the first day of spring :)

My quail loves the frozen spinach, I think bc of the texture. She has same reaction as when she catches a giant bug (grabs and runs). Haven't tried fresh spinach.

No problem. I cut them in half length wise and they will clean it out and leave the skin. They've gotten so they press up against the door if they seem me coming with it.
I tried this the other day. It was a big hit! They pecked the insides of the cucumber clean and left the skin, just like you said. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom