Spit out your coffee before watching this.

Not enough eggs were found during the float for it to be a real concern of mine, plus, no birds within the flock seem to be showing any clinical symptoms. Therefore, I'm going to leave them be.

Which is great because I'd certainly pass on worming seventy birds, lol.

I'll just pay close attention to the numbers, and make sure they don't get too far out of line.
How would you worm 70 birds, would you do it in their feed?

Not enough eggs were found during the float for it to be a real concern of mine, plus, no birds within the flock seem to be showing any clinical symptoms. Therefore, I'm going to leave them be.

Which is great because I'd certainly pass on worming seventy birds, lol.

I'll just pay close attention to the numbers, and make sure they don't get too far out of line.
:sick I haven’t yet come across hairworms! I just started in the chicken world...
I heard the topic of organic food grade diatomaceous earth is controversial in the chicken world but I use it for all my dogs, rescues, myself and chickens prn. What is your opinion on this as a preventative and or treatment alternative to the harsher pharmaceuticals?
Thank you for sharing this!!!

Not the best video because its hard to focus a camera at 2000x magnification, but I did a fecal float on one of the ducks last night, and this is what I found.

:sick

Wow! Very cool! I’ve been meaning to do a fecal float on my duck’s poop, but I have not done so yet. one day, I’ll either get my butt in gear and get to work extra early, or I’ll buy my own darn microscope! Anyways, thank you for sharing. I thought it was really neat!

Back
Top Bottom