Splash Ameraucana rooster over Isabella hen & Wheaten hen

Shedawand

In the Brooder
May 31, 2023
Hi! Does anyone know what colour offspring I can expect with this Ameraucana breeding: Splash Ameraucana rooster over an Isabella hen & Wheaten hen? Thank-you very much!!

Attachments

• IMG_6168.png
    IMG_6168.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
Splash Wheaten x Wheaten should give you 100% Blue Wheaten offspring.

Do you mean an Isabella Ameraucana hen or some other breed? Isabella is used to refer to a few different lavender-diluted colorations depending on the breed, and I'm not sure which pattern it is in Ameraucanas if that's what you're meaning. Do you have any pictures of the Isabella hen?

Splash Wheaten x Wheaten should give you 100% Blue Wheaten offspring.

Do you mean an Isabella Ameraucana hen or some other breed? Isabella is used to refer to a few different lavender-diluted colorations depending on the breed, and I'm not sure which pattern it is in Ameraucanas if that's what you're meaning. Do you have any pictures of the Isabella hen?
Isabel in ameraucanas is simply wheaten with the lavender gene. I’m assuming it’s an isabel ameraucana because they tagged the post with an Isabel ameraucana tag.
Hi! Does anyone know what colour offspring I can expect with this Ameraucana breeding: Splash Ameraucana rooster over an Isabella hen & Wheaten hen? Thank-you very much!!
In that case, you’d get the same results for splash wheaten x isabel as splash wheaten x wheaten. All blue wheatens, but the ones from the isabel hen would carry the Recessive lavender gene. Unless you mark eggs and separate and ID chicks immediately at hatch, you won’t be able to tell which chicks came from which hen. Not a cross i’d make, honestly, as the blue and lavender gene don’t mesh well together in breeding, and you’ll get splash and blue wheatens with the lavender gene in the future if you breed them… Which is a mess to sort out.

Back
Top Bottom