Splash/ Blue Silkie Thread

They are gorgeous!!! If you post some closer pictures of the combs I can help you with determining whether they're hens or roosters. Love their splash coloring!

Thank you, I also love their coloring. OMG do they look funny with up close head shots! lol I never noticed until I took these pictures but the bottom one sure does look like a rooster!
smile.png
I have never raised chickens from babies before.

Thank you, I also love their coloring. OMG do they look funny with up close head shots! lol I never noticed until I took these pictures but the bottom one sure does look like a rooster! :) I have never raised chickens from babies before.
As of right now, I think you have all pullets except the last one. He looks like a rooster. Maybe keep an eye on the second one just in case, but otherwise I think you got really lucky with 3/4 hens. And yes, silkie close up shots are always so cute. Silkies kind of go through an awkward teenage stage.

As of right now, I think you have all pullets except the last one. He looks like a rooster. Maybe keep an eye on the second one just in case, but otherwise I think you got really lucky with 3/4 hens. And yes, silkie close up shots are always so cute. Silkies kind of go through an awkward teenage stage.
Thank you so much! I love them all, male or female..........thinking I need to come up with a boy's name for the last one. Now I will know what to watch for. So glad you mentioned about looking at the comb. It made me realize last night that the last one was different once I took the picture.
D.gif

Thank you so much!  I love them all, male or female..........thinking I need to come up with a boy's name for the last one.  Now I will know what to watch for.  So glad you mentioned about looking at the comb.  It made me realize last night that the last one was different once I took the picture.  :cd

Glad to help they're all beautiful babies. Good luck!

Some of my blues and splashes:

8 week old splash and blue frizzled Silkies.

A pretty blue pullet that doesn't have a name yet.

Lola, one of my favorite splash pullets.

My handsome blue cockerel, who also doesn't have a name yet.

Some of my blues and splashes: 8 week old splash and blue frizzled Silkies. A pretty blue pullet that doesn't have a name yet. Lola, one of my favorite splash pullets. My handsome blue cockerel, who also doesn't have a name yet.
Those are gorgeous!! I have a blue pen, but I'm still developing it and looking for more birds to add. I'll post some pictures of my flock later.

Back
Top Bottom