Splash Orp Chick Named Buzz

Quote:
That is probably why they are slow to feather. I think they are going to be amazing. Im really excited for you. If you want the breeders info you can PM me
smile.png
I also have some from the other breeder I will try to get pictures soon.

Quote:
Ahh, thank you! I don't think I have ever noticed that on my girls with how poofy they are up top. Like a teapot on sticks
big_smile.png

Quote:
Hi Bama,
Increasing the protein on lines that feather out slow is always a good idea, they tend to be larger birds in the end. Abut the soggy chicks you hatched, you are so lucky they did not drown. Those two are sure lucky. And it appears you will have two pullets from it. Yippy.
big_smile.png

I hope I never have to deal with the humidity going wonky on me. I use at least two different instruments for both humidity and temp to be safe.

If you hatch any good volume of eggs, I think everyone has experienced the wet or dry hatch at least once regardless of how good you try to manage the controls. So sorry for the losses you experienced because of it Julie - it has happened to the best of us. The ones you have growing out look nice so far. Can't wait to see them filled out. The blue pullet is very perty!
love.gif

Jody

We have been either blessed or fortunate, or it may be that we replace the instruments twice a year. I stopped doing the majority of hatches and turned it over to our daughter and the neighbor girl who practically lives with us. Between those two, they are wonderful with the chicks. I dread the day when boys become their focal point. :eek:

I agree though if you do something long enough you will see it all. With the best equipment, sanitation, experience and luck and we do okay.

My neighbor is a blessing. He has a sportsman he ordered new this past Spring and it does a great job. The last batch I ordered from Lacey, White silkies, I had 7 out of 12 viables and they all hatched great and clean in his digital. He is going to let me do my hatching in there so its great to have neighbors that are chicken buddies too.

Cyn and Julie I do not know who's egg it came from but I hatched and Orp with the twisted feather I thought was frizzle, but it was not and it just worked itself out. Very pretty babies.

We have now received several complaints regarding posts placed on BYC, this thread in particular. I ask that you review the rules of posting at BYC which can be found at https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/misc.php?action=rules

In
particular I’d like to bring the following rules to your attention.

DO
Be friendly and courteous to all members at all times.
Respect that people may have a different political, religious, philosophical and cultural background than you.

DON’T
3. No Flaming (verbally attacking people or groups of people - e.g. a profession, an organization, a company.)
4. No Trolling (posting to provoke others, luring them to flame or rant). Trolling is sometimes done involuntary, so please be considerate when posting.
5. No teasing, mocking, ridiculing, or otherwise making fun at other member's expense.
7. No Fighting. Taking a personal conflict to the forum is unacceptable. "I'm right, you're wrong" threads and posts will be edited or deleted.

It seems some have a particular opinion on the Orpington breed. While we want your opinion to be respected by others we also expect you to be completely respectful of others. That has not been the case in some posts and in fact it would appear that some are stalking other Orpington enthusiasts. Any continuation of this will result in immediate banning from BYC.

Thank you for your time and attention to this. My apologies to the OP for this thread interruption.

April
Moderator BYC.

Back
Top Bottom