Splash Orp Chick Named Buzz

I love the deep blue and lacing as I mentioned.
Glad that someone else agrees with me on Buzz being female.
wink.png
I sure hope that is what you wanted to hear Bama.

I have not had to deal with too high of humidity, have not had to deal with the soggy babies. I thought that they would drown if that were the case. maybe not.

That one blue roo looks like he is going to be huge. Do you have a better picture of the one behind him? Are these from Korfus as well?

how coudl fizzle have anything to do with orps?

Last edited:
Thanks, Christina for that information. The frizzle, if he was one, would mean he is an accidental cross, not a pure Orp. I do have one confirmed crossbreed chick from that batch whose mother is a frizzle, so that's why I'm watching him. My boy sure has curly feathers at the moment-maybe he just doesn't do humidity well, LOL. I just wondered if Julie has seen lots of ones with upturned feathers at first. My banty Cochin looked like that, too, and he turned out smooth feathered so I'm not concerned.

Last edited:
I know Christina and I have been over to her farm quite a few times and know that there is no way another breed of chicken could of got into her breeding pens. Its locked down like fort knox lol, one of my frizzle hens that i gave her was in with the buff breeding pen and thats the only chicks that would of come from that. All of her other breeds are penned in different pastures and seperated by breeds, she had another breed rooster but he was in quarentine in her garage. Her other roosters are orpingtons.

Christina is a very honest person and will help anyone out, i have seen her donate some very very expencive birds to shows just to help the clubs out to get money for the clubs i have seen her just give away nice show chickens to 4-H kids and other people who are actually trying to do something with the breeds improve what we already have etc.

Quote:
Hey, Christina and I know what is going on. And who mentioned her name? Not I. I'm confused by your post. Terra I sent you a PM. Julie, I apologize for the detour on your thread.

Last edited:
Okay some more pictures of Bonnie and Charlie. They still dont' want to cooperate cause they might miss getting out the door or missing a treat. I keep trying to back them off with my hand but they just peck my ring. Bonnie and Charlie didn't come from Christina, just Buzz and another i will show you\\
First Charlie
[
023-1.jpg

029.jpg

Here is Bonnie eating away. still very few hard feathers.
024-1.jpg

072.jpg

Here is the blue pullet I hatched from Christina. She is getting close to three months old
065.jpg

066.jpg

Last edited:
I do like that last pullet. She along with the splash are feathering out nicely.

Those other two are sure slow for the age. Especially your pullet. Is it normal for that line to develope so slowly? Have you always had them on a high protein diet?

Side note, I agree with Terra critters, I have emailed and phoned Korfus and she is very knowledgable, helpful to a fault it appears.

Sandy

Quote:
Hey Cyn, The ones form my blue Orp pen would be impossible mixed breed chicks. I told you about the one chick that hatched and it was from my buff pen after I realized what happened. I actually told Terra about the chick and asked her because she has been breeding frizzles forever and would know. She said it looked like a twisted feather. Anyways, Julie I cant wait to see them mature to adult birds. It should be really interesting. I have some that hatched from blues that have really nice lacing. Charlie has a really nice short back on him, some of my buffs have the same.
smile.png

Can we quit with the subversive backbiting and talk about the chicks or breeds or whatever without getting into personalities and defensiveness? That is what PM's are for .
I don't think anyone meant anything. Remember tones are not conveyed through this medium. IF you need to have clarification, please take it private.
Thank you.

I tried upping the protein because they were feathering so slow. I have decided it is the fact that they are growing so large so fast and the heat and the line. I think they will look great when they get there.
Christina's Buzz was slow feathering too but I believe she is going to be a really typey Orpington when she fills out and grows up.
Christiana I don't know where you got your buffs but I noticed how short the back are and how deep they are. Very nice Buff Orps.

Back
Top Bottom