Splash Silkie VS. Fly Paper!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by melloladies, Oct 11, 2010.

1. melloladies

melloladies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Merritt Island
    So today, I'm out back, planting some herbs, and I here this flapping noise and then all hell breaks loose! Every girl I have was doing their darndest to alert EVERYBODY IN A FIVE MILE RADIUS that there was trouble!!! (no good, since I'm bending the "one chicken" ordinance...shh! don't tell [​IMG])
    Anyhow- I rush over, and my sweet little silkie pullet is all tangled up in a strip of fly paper that was hanging from the coop! I finally got her to calm down so I could peel the sticky paper away, and all she lost was a few feathers...ok, maybe her dignity too [​IMG]
    Since she isn't injured, I thought I'd post the story- and a pic... you can tell her feathers are a bit goopy. I'm hoping she works it out.
    [​IMG]

2. secuono

secuono Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Virginia
    Lol, our cat got wrapped up in one of those. She lost it and made it so much worse. Unfortunately, she came out a little worse than your bird. Covered in goo and I ended up pulling hair from several areas.

3. barbieszoo

barbieszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2010
    Stillwater, OK
    Awww..... she's such a pretty silkie! Good thing you were close by to rescue her!

4. melloladies

Apr 28, 2010
    Merritt Island
    Thanks! I'm glad I was there too- the trap was pinned to the coop so she would've just flapped around if I wasn't home [​IMG]
    Oh Secuono! Poor kitty!!! I have two cats and I can't imagine! One of mine got caught in a plastic grocery bag one day- talk about a bat outa hell! She tore threw the house with the bag stuck to her ( I think her head was through the handle...) and she still won't go near a plastic bag these days :lol
    Hope your kittums is okay!

5. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

The title alone made me giggle. Glad she's okay!

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Poor thing! She's such lovely gal, too!

7. melloladies

Apr 28, 2010
    Merritt Island
    Thank you! I got her from 3 cedar silkies [​IMG]

8. SunshineSilkies

SunshineSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    Oh boy, I was worried about the same thing happening, and the fly paper was on a roller, so we hung it about 10 feet up...glad she just lost a few feathers![​IMG]

9. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Silly Chicken! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by