Splash to Splash and Blue to Blue (Splash) Picture Reference

It would interesting to see what kind of Blues you would get if you crossed each with a Black bird. Beautiful birds!
love.gif

Quote:
Lavender and Black can be crossed but the resulting offspring would be split for the lavender gene. Then you could cross the split lav offspring (when mature) back to the lav parent and get 100% lav babies.
smile.png

Quote:
Lavender and Black can be crossed but the resulting offspring would be split for the lavender gene. Then you could cross the split lav offspring (when mature) back to the lav parent and get 100% lav babies.
smile.png

You would only get 50% lavender babies and 50% Split lav.

Last edited:
Quote:
smile.png

Then breed lav back to the lav right??? So it would take 2 generations to get to 100% lav....darn it missed that one, ARGH!
Sorry about that, still learning about the lav gene... thank you!!!!
smile.png

Quote:

Then breed lav back to the lav right??? So it would take 2 generations to get to 100% lav....darn it missed that one, ARGH!
Sorry about that, still learning about the lav gene... thank you!!!!
smile.png

You are welcome
smile.png

Quote:
You know I was wondering that too. I would think that the blue would be lighter from the splash bred bird vs the blue bred bird but we shall see. Both of these gals are in with my black cuckoo rooster so I'm excited to see what pops out! And Thanks!

Perfect Lavender Reasoning! Just remember lavender is a simple non sex linked recessive. Each bird must have two copies to be visually lavender.

Back
Top Bottom