splash, tuxedo, and blue face button quail

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Akane, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    I'm only interested in buying eggs that will give a good portion of those colors/markings. I will not buy a bunch of eggs from several different pairs where only one or two may produce what I want. I did that the first time around and spent most of the next year culling and trying to mix breeding pairs around in order to hatch more of what I want. Usually only to find one of the pair scalped some random day a week to a month later. This time I am going to start with what I really want and immediately begin breeding more. I'm not in any hurry so whether you have some laying now or months from now in the colors I want let me know.

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:I don't know what you're thinking of when you say splash, so I can't help you there. quailladyoffortmyers has several tuxedo and blue faced pairs, so she might be able to help you. But if you consider yourself a button quail breeder you would know that the chances of hatching chicks colored the way you want from like-colored parents is very slim. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by