• Pullet

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Cockerel

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Idk I'm stumped at the moment too

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
All male below:
The red shoulders are a dead give away and you can see the saddle feathers already too.
Screenshot_20190612-154606.png
Screenshot_20190612-154546.png
Screenshot_20190612-154526.png

I don't really think you're going to see saddle feathers in these pictures as the chicken and question is only 9 weeks old as of today. even on the obvious Cockerel I can only see the starting formation of the saddle feathers underneath when it's fluffing up there not visible when he's standing

My vote is a late bloomer cockerel. That comb is pretty developed even if it isn't as obvious as your other guy. I also think I see solid red saddles just beginning to peek out in exactly the place I'd expect them to be.
yeah I've been worried about this one too because it's the last one that I want to be a Cockerel in the whole bunch

yeah I've been worried about this one too because it's the last one that I want to be a Cockerel in the whole bunch
I hope I'm wrong. It wouldn't be the first time

At this point though, grabbing the bird and parting feathers on the back is going to make it so much easier to tell. If you see red pins there, you'll have your answer.

I hope I'm wrong. It wouldn't be the first time

At this point though, grabbing the bird and parting feathers on the back is going to make it so much easier to tell. If you see red pins there, you'll have your answer.
can you zoom in and show me where you think you see the saddle feathers coming in there's a lot of red barring on the back that we might be seeing in the pictures

Back
Top Bottom