Splayed leg help!!!

Mandy020386

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 4, 2014
Texas

This is a picture of my treatment method. She is not liking this one bit. She is not walking or standing she just flops around and peeps. Some of the time she lays with her legs back so I feel like it's not effective. This is just day one but has anyone had success with the makeup sponge method ????

Thanks I actually lowered it after I posted this. She is doing better standing up. We will leave it on for a few days then remove it. I figured that I had it too high when I compared other pictures lol thanks I appreciate the help
1f601.png

Glad to know your chick is doing better! Vet wrap is a good idea, I once heard someone used pipe-cleaners? May be too bendy...

Glad to know your chick is doing better! Vet wrap is a good idea, I once heard someone used pipe-cleaners? May be too bendy...
Yeah I heard pipe cleaners, rubber bands and straws. This was one that worked best for her. I tried the bandaid one but her leg never got straight with that treatment. This one has improved her about 90%. Her just being able to stand is a awesome improvement.

I am using the bandage wrap on my chicks legs. How long until my little one walks. It hobbles and really wants to move. It's been three days.

I am using the bandage wrap on my chicks legs. How long until my little one walks. It hobbles and really wants to move. It's been three days.
I think it can take between 3 and 7 days just depends. You can try to remove the bandage carefully and see how she's doing if it has not worked add the bandage back and wait a few more days. They don't like having it on but it is the best thing for them. Let me know if she walks

Back
Top Bottom