Splayed leg? Unsure how this happened

Mushoobug

Chirping
Dec 5, 2020
We just rescued this kid. Any ideas? We previously rescued a gal that had been caught in a fence and busted her hip or some part of her leg, we’ve had her two years now and she’s doing wonderful. Lays normal and gets around like a champ. This kids leg is a bit different. Here’s the post photos of it. They rescued it from tractor supply, was told it was a bantam, and it’s 8-10 weeks old?? Unsure of really anything right now.

Attachments

• IMG_2482.jpeg
    IMG_2482.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
We just rescued this kid....Here’s the post about her before we got her.

I don't have any suggestions about the legs.

But I'm pretty sure that is a male, not a female. It must be quite young, because it still has some chick down and does not yet have a full set of feathers. For the age it must be, the comb is already rather large comb, and both comb & wattles are a rather bright pink.

I don't have any suggestions about the legs.

But I'm pretty sure that is a male, not a female. It must be quite young, because it still has some chick down and does not yet have a full set of feathers. For the age it must be, the comb is already rather large comb, and both comb & wattles are a rather bright pink.
Dang on the boy front, we might not be able to keep this kid long then. The people we rescued from said they rescued it from the farm store and their other chickens were being mean to it.

Back
Top Bottom