Splurged on coop kit! Lancaster standard [PICs!]

hi, just ordered our first chicks..will have them the week of april 25... am looking at a similar coop from mypet chickens.com...was going to build my own, but the boss...err, wife wants to buy. it is called the craftsman coop it also comes as a kit
for 12-15 free range chickens, 4x6 not including the nesting boxes

Last edited:
Quote:
Hello and welcome to BYC
welcome-byc.gif

I believe the Craftsman is also made by Lancaster. I really like the rustic board and bat cedar. I considered that coop but it would have cost $600.00 to ship to California. The coop we have is basically the same thing but smaller and with one window. We were very please with how well it went together. Only problem we had was the base needed some adjustment (cutting) so that the legs would fit. Other than that it went together really fast and they gave all the trim plus touch up paint.

This is the company that makes the coops: http://www.lancasterbarns.com/acatalog/Chicken_Coop.html

I bought mine here and got the best price, but no choice in wood finish: http://www.chickencoopsource.com/chicken-coops/chicken-coops/lancasterstandardquakerchickencoop.cfm

Depending on where you live, this site will give you the best price in shipping.

You are lucky to have room for the bigger coop and more chickens! I have ordered 6 and they will ship April 12th from MyPetChicken.com

Good Luck and Have Fun!

We bought a coop that looks exactly like yours last summer, but it came fully assembled. I have been very happy with it. Its very durable and easy to clean.
As suggested, adding ventilation is needed. We cut a rectangle section out on the side where the pop door is, near the peak of the roof, and covered it with a small piece of heating grate from Lowes. The grate keeps rain from getting in.
Enjoy your coop and the soon to arrive chicks.

yes i am on the east coast, so they will ship for free:D i know it is Amish built, i have seen the same coop on about 3 sites now, about the same price mypetchicken.com seems to have the best ordering

Last edited:
Great, free shipping!

thumbsup.gif

Go For IT! You'll love it!
wee.gif

MyPetChicke is very nice to work with, very good customer service.

Sounds like a plan...Please post pictures when you get it done!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom