spoiled rotten!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by kyrose, Jan 1, 2010.

1. kyrose

kyrose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    i wanted to show you all the temp. home we built in our living room for my 2 d'uccle boys.one of them has a disfigured foot me and a vet are working on and the vet told me it would be better to keep him in the house til his treatments are done,and who am i to argue with a professional?[​IMG] well the whole time my dh was helping me built it,he kept reminding me that we werent keeping chickens in the house.[​IMG] i thought that was hilarious,but i guess we need to let them THINK theyre in charge.i think it turned out great and the boys love it..[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    My wife would either send me to the other side or she would have me committed. (she's real close to that right now with 26 chicks...and more pipped and on the way)... She said, "What are you going to do with all of these chickens, this is more than you ordered from McMurray two years ago, it's more than twice what you hatched out in two hatches, how are you going to be able to take care of all of these chickens?"

I smiled.

3. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    i also have 6 i just hatched yesterday.my dh already thinks ive lost it so he just goes with it...[​IMG]

4. beckt

beckt Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Indiana
    Aww, your hubby sounds like a great guy. Mine is letting me keep 2 inside for the winter here. Whwn spring gets here the roo is gooing out, but the Serama girl gets to stay. LOL What is wrong with the ones foot and what kind of treatment is the vet doing?

5. kyrose

Jul 29, 2009
    Melbourne,Ky.
    Quote:its deformed.he thinks maybe it was injured and didnt heal right.one of his toes are actually leaning to the wrong side so he walks on his toe with every step.i am doing therapy with him at least 3 times a day.he goes back to the vets in 2 weeks and we will probably half to splint it for a while.i have very high hopes he will be ok,,[​IMG]
    ps.i have to agree the hubby is great.

6. Ms~Silkie~Girl

Ms~Silkie~Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    New York STATE
    Thats a cool setup!

7. chookchick

chookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Olympia WA
    When you say "spoiled rotten" are you talking about the chickens, or yourself? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by